Fashion City In You Dream...

maylanee

Reaction score
What if you can dream of a Fashion City Utopia... What do think it would be like? please feel free to use your creative imagination*. :heart:

Thank you very much for your participations

*(please also stage your country of origin, age and occupation at the end. As this is a part of my research on Fashion City Innovation)

Melanie Sukhyanga
MA Design Strategy and Innovation
Brunel University, West London

Sounds interesting, but what do you mean?
Can you explain it more? Perhaps do one yourself as an example?

OK, for example:

I wanted to see the fashion brand name in that city exposing their collections outdoor by the highstreet twice a month, rotate by brand and so there will be a projector to transfer the show up to the sky. So, people in the city will have a chance to see it.

And where co-branding are use every day things together with fashion lebels. (co-branding means like puma and mini cars, ipod and volk bettle car, nike and nicole, etc.) Design are every where.

Here are example of co-brand:

maylanee :shock: your idea sound very much like my current project due in September 04 :shock:

i don't like all this high tech futuristic crap...i love to see fashion in an environment that is peaceful warm and relaxing...not shiny hard and cold...in an environment that makes me comfortable and relaxed and never want to leave...open and airy..not cramped and stuffed with merchandise...with enough space btw the clothes that they stand on their own and speak to you.

the TATE modern in london...that would be a good retail space...like a big gallery or garage...loft-like...an old power station...with lots of room and high high ceilings and plenty of skylights for natural light...and the clothes grouped together by designer and by style...you'd probably have a minimalist area...and a flirty feminine girly area...and a weekend casual area...and a classic style section...a deconstruction section...a retro section...a kitsch section...

that's how my music is organized as well---bryan ferry next to david bowie next to queen...grouped together by styles and philosophy...

i'd love to see claudie pierlot with agnes b with dries with demeulemeester...mix up the price points...

i'd also love to see a record store and a book store in the space...especially a record store...
music and fashion really seem to go hand in hand...so there's great potential for cross marketing here...imagine playing the beyonce video in the store and being able to buy the cd and the versace dress she's wearing at the same time... :woot: :flower:

i hate restaurants and cafes in stores...but a bar/lounge is a good idea...shopping is very fun after a cocktail...you spend much more freely...espresso and coffee is also good...

that's my idea of utopia!!!!...shopping with a cocktail listening to great music...in a great space... :flower: :heart:

ok...you can send my consulting fee directly ...i accept all currencies... :P :wink: :flower:

:lol:

^^Hey Softie you should shop with me. I've always got the fridge stocked with champagne and we play the best music!

In a perfect fashion city, for me anyway, everyone would look amazing. Everyone would have a different style, but no matter what they would be impecably dressed. I see a place much like a hybrid of New York, Paris and something very modern, perhaps futuristic, but blended with the history and culture of Paris and the overall atmosphere of New York. Billboards will be replaced with projection screens of all the current fashion shows. Sidewalks will be like runways (figuratively). There will be no such thing as flourecent lighting, lighting will be nothing less then flattering. Some buildings will be done in a classical European syle and lit with colored lights, others will be architectural wonders of glass, stone and metal. And above all, luxury goods will be tax free and tax deductable.

Hey! softgray I like your ideas.
Anyway, wanted you to know that my background does not relate to fashion, it is why I need all your guys opinion. I am a graphic designer, but for this project I'm doing is to create a Fashion City Innovation Plan. So, it's important for me to know the insight ideas..

Thanks so much. keep it more coming... I am enjoying it. :heart:

Oh! Lena, please tell me more about your project then... I really want to know... Thanks

its a promise but it might take a little time :wink:

fashion city of the future :
a mix of vintage market areas, new designer city sponsored boutiques and make-it yourself hi-tech shops where everyone can choose and order one of a kind items, via made to meassure recognition technology.

short time deliveries a MUST :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@May 25th, 2004 - 4:45 pm
its a promise but it might take a little time :wink:

fashion city of the future :
a mix of vintage market areas, new designer city sponsored boutiques and make-it yourself hi-tech shops where everyone can choose and order one of a kind items, via made to meassure recognition technology.

short time deliveries a MUST :flower:
sounds like the stuff issey's been working on...

oh how can i get a job on that side of the business...i want to be part of the future...where will it be...

maybe CHINA?... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@May 25th, 2004 - 10:52 pm

oh how can i get a job on that side of the business...i want to be part of the future...where will it be...

of course, but i'm taking the idea further , like to be able to choose fabric quality, colour , shape, details, length etc etc,
digital meassurments with the latest 'sape' recognition systems.. unique and pricewise, one can create and wear whatever they like depending on their taste, needs and money abudance.

democracy :heart:

Originally posted by Lena+May 25th, 2004 - 5:02 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ May 25th, 2004 - 5:02 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@May 25th, 2004 - 10:52 pm

of course, but i'm taking the idea further , like to be able to choose fabric quality, colour , shape, details, length etc etc,
digital meassurments with the latest 'sape' recognition systems.. unique and pricewise, one can create and wear whatever they like depending on their taste, needs and money abudance.

democracy :heart: [/b][/quote]
would they be cut and sewn by computer operated machines?... :unsure:

it could be very possible using online distributed data that goes directly to local federated workshops :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@May 25th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
it could be very possible using online distributed data that goes directly to local federated workshops :wink:
wouldn't it cost a lot of jobs for sewers?... and designers...etc...
if everything's done by machine?...

oh no... the workshops will be locally operated by people, not by machines
as for the designers, they can always create their dreams, more as artists, through city/state sponsored boutiques :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->