Fashion Cravings...

Meg said:
Do you ever just see something and it sparks something inside of you...that instantly you think, I need to have that or it creates a trend in your mind?

For example, a couple of days ago I passed a child wearing a Tintin tshirt. I effing love Tintin :woot: And now for some reason I'm obsessed with getting a child's tintin tshirt and wearing it. Sort of an update on having a snug faded rock tee...only this time with Tintin.:lol: Am thinking of stopping by the tintin shop on floral street tonight and seeing what I find....would be the ultimate to find a vintage tintin tee that fit me but I think that quest would be nearly impossible. instead I'll get a new one and beat it up. B)

Anyone else have items they wish to contribute?

Don't even get me started!:lol: I saw a girl in such a cute sweater the other day as I was walking down a road. I nearly jerked my neck off looking at her. I was so close to proving that it was actually humanly possible to turn one's head 360 degrees:lol: I'm sure the girl thought I was checking her butt out. And when I saw a picture of Gemma Ward wearing a Balenciaga Jacket, I nearly cracked the computer screen trying to pull it out. And the worst fit was this afternoon, when I saw this DARLING kate moss shirt:woot:
kateaddict_landingpage_07.jpg

I just wanted it so badly. I still want it so badly. Note to everyone: If anyone has this shirt in Medium shirt and is willing to make a deal, I will gladly give you my left kidney!:woot:

I think I have major issues.:shock:

Oh, I'm craving a brown leather jacket, biker style, very distressed. I'm craving this for a long time. I still haven't found the perfect one...

I mean, I found a lot of perfect ones, but too damn expensive... :innocent:

I just moved into a new apartment, so, from a financial standpoint, interior design will now take precedence over fashion design...But I guess I can satisfy my Fashion Cravings by sticking to accessories, which will bring together my black & white motif for this season..

-a black bowtie w/ white polka-dots..
-a black ascot w/ white polka-dots..
-a black & white checker-board print ascot..
-black suspenders/braces (but then comes the What To Wear With It
connundrum)..
-white Doc Martens..
-a white watch..
-a white belt..
-jewelry..I'd like to explore the possibilities of gold, but I dont know what
constitutes good gold & cheap gold, but I do know I certainly wouldnt
want cheap gold
-a bowler hat..
-the polka-dot scarf @ ClubMonaco (I would buy it, but Ive got a million
scarves, so it's like--do I really need it?)
-a matching hat, glove & scarf set..one that I wont lose during the course
of the winter..
-a small white bag, made w/ a fabric that wont get dirty thru repeated
touching (definitely NOT canvas; leather perhaps?)
-vintage plaid pants, a la YSL in the 70's..
--and a cute stylish young man to accessorize my waist-side :innocent:

I'm a leo, and so I've been looking for a vintage, big gold lion ring. I found this one on eBay a few months ago, and I lost it :cry: . And I haven't been able to find anything like it since. They're either too shiny or just not right.

Oh, and I've been looking for my ideal pair of boots since last fall. I'm a little too picky with certain things. :blush:

Attachments

• M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2
...oh yeah, and this PURPLE coat:heart: :heart:
...from Burberry Prorsum, SS05--too late now, but Im still cravin' it..
...from firstview.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm obsessed with shoes and perfume right now. And white wool tights.

i_<3_chanel said:
send it to me !
long haul ! :woot:
:wink:
:lol: ...
i just meant re-organizing it so that it is more user-friendly...:wink:

Skinny jeans, vests (though they're hard to find around here...), boots and flats

Hye Park Lover said:
And the worst fit was this afternoon, when I saw this DARLING kate moss shirt:woot:

I just wanted it so badly. I still want it so badly. Note to everyone: If anyone has this shirt in Medium shirt and is willing to make a deal, I will gladly give you my left kidney!:woot:

I think I have major issues.:shock:

OMG I WANT THAT SHIRT TOO! Where can we get that :shock:

Oh, and I've wanted this dress forever, it's the most gorgeous thing. I honestly wanted to call Jean Paul Gaultier and borrow it for my prom :lol:

It's from the Haute Couture Spring 2002 collection. I think MariaCarla wears it so well :heart:
00260.L.JPG

(firstview.com)

Hanne said:
Have you ever dreamt the most perfect dress/outfit etc in your dreams only to wake up and have no clue what it looked like..but with the urge to own it possess this undefinable "it" ..searching your mind for the image, the details of this thing, this thing your mind made up..awhich your memory couldn't retain ?

That's the worst fashion cravings..

That happens to me but I don't dream it but I see it some where and than kind of forget it.

I'm craving the perfect pair of boots...only every time I go shopping, everything is too high or too pointy or not slouchy enough. It's probably going to be spring before I find them!

is it just me, or does the bombardment of fashion images make you itch to get out your scissors and start creating your own clothing? i'm not talking about anything elaborate or even 'technically' advanced, but having the will power to take fashion into your own hands?

craving warm winter gear....

cashmere sweaters.....
skinny wool trousers.....

woven leather flat sandals with ankle straps in silver or taupe (where?)

skinny jeans

a belt like Han Solo wears :woot:

miniskirts and tights

Skinny black sweaters with low-cut necks

dangly chain earrings

the perfect black wool winter coat... *sigh*

love the han solo belt idea!

A holster of some sort. I just like the idea of having a skinny strap across your back/front with a buckle, holding something at the bottom.

Vintage ran ban wayfarers for that bob dylan look

travolta said:
is it just me, or does the bombardment of fashion images make you itch to get out your scissors and start creating your own clothing? i'm not talking about anything elaborate or even 'technically' advanced, but having the will power to take fashion into your own hands?

all the time !
& it's so frustrating . . . .! :doh:

i_<3_chanel said:
all the time !
& it's so frustrating . . . .! :doh:

Now that I can make clothes it gives me a lot of appreciation for the time and effort it takes... $59 at H&M gives us a ridiculously cheap notion of what a jacket is actually worth. I can spend three days on a jacket... more if I could. It's the buy-it/make-it dichotomy... when you make it it will be exactly what you want, but it requires time, effort and diligence. So much of the time it's just easier to settle for what's mass-produced, even for me.

But for some things (jackets, skirts) it's getting easier to make what I want and harder to justify spending money on something else.

The critical factor is time.
:(

(if I had my way I would have time to make myself a custom winter jacket, a custom leather bag... the list goes on and on...)

more cashmere... rich wine hues... fun cocktail dresses w/ a defined waist

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->