Fashion Fame Game

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Fashion Fame Game
The "Karl snubs Kyra" chapter

NEW YORK: Thursday, October 14, 2004

Fashion 101. Ah Kyra, Kyra…the first rule of high-fashion galas: always be introduced, never introduce yourself. Sedgwick learned that the hard way at this year’s Costume Institute Gala. The actress, in a story in the November issue of Redbook entitled “Kyra Sedgwick: Confessions of a Very Happy Wife,” shares a moment from that evening that exposes her slight naïveté in the fashion fame game.

When posed the question, “The world of a celebrity is definitely a strange place with its own rules. Ever commit a fame faux pas?” she replied, “Once at some flah-flah event at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I had this Chanel thing on and made the mistake of going up to the designer, Karl Lagerfeld, and introducing myself. He was like ‘Who are YOU?’ That was funny. Afterward everyone said, ‘Why did you go introduce yourself? You have to be introduced TO him.’ I thought, ‘But I’m wearing his dress! I don’t get it! What’s the protocol?’ Later, in the ladies room, I unzipped my corset and couldn’t zip it back up. And I sort of yelled to the universe, ‘Can anybody zip up my corset?’ And someone went, ‘I think I can do that!’ I said, ‘Oh, thank you,’ and I opened the door and there was Donna Karan. She said, ‘Oh, I've pulled up a few zippers in my time!’ Ever since, I’m all about Donna. Forget Karl.”

Oops.

hahaha love it. f*ck Karl. Like as if he's some sort of demi God one must be introduced too. Donna Karan rocks my socks now

Great story! Seems like Donna is really down to earth!! :heart:

wow Karl really thinks he's all that then

a friend shot with him in paris and told me that he was completely down to earth and didnt speak down to him at all.
i guess they must have been 'introduced'

while he's shooting......apparently he keeps saying 'chic.......chic no?'

I think that it might have been the other people who were making a fuss about having to be introduced to Karl. He probably just asked "Who are you?" in a perfectly innocent way.

But Donna Karan sounded really sweet.

Actress, was in Forrest Gump, married to Kevin Bacon.

I so want Donna to zip up my corset, she seems like a doll.

:lol: yea biach who are YOU :chef: <-- (the nearest symbol to Karl)

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 15 2004, 02:18 PM
:lol: yea biach who are YOU :chef: <-- (the nearest symbol to Karl)
[snapback]397873[/snapback]​
Hmm, more like :king: (at least in his own mind) :innocent:

Thats a cool story. :flower:

Sometimes Karl sounds like a pretentious twat and other times you hear that he's dead nice and down to earth, i never know what to believe really, but i still think hes cool :innocent: .

Donna karen seems sweet though, bless her :woot:

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 15 2004, 11:52 PM
wow Karl really thinks he's all that then
[snapback]397634[/snapback]​

:lol: that is hilarious!!!!
:heart: Donna, she sounds terribly sweet!

great story stylegurrl, thanks for posting :flower: Donna sounds lovely :heart:

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 15 2004, 09:52 AM
a friend shot with him in paris and told me that he was completely down to earth and didnt speak down to him at all.
i guess they must have been 'introduced'
[snapback]397634[/snapback]​
:lol: thanks for that Acid :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"