Fashion for Lesbians? The new market .....

good lord ...that is way too long... :ninja:

i'm out...

why dont you quote some extracts ?
just an idea :ninja:

Jeez, are the attention spans of fashion people so short.... :( :shock:

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 7:16 pm
mine isn't
its just a tadd easier when someone posts extracts of his/her fave points of an article, thats all

in anycase its interesting to me since i'm tracking the recent intense global fashion 'move' on targeting the gay&lesbian market, so the article must be good for my research

thanks for bringing this in stylegggurl :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-stylegurrl@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 7:16 pm
mine isn't
its just a tadd easier when someone posts extracts of his/her fave points of an article, thats all

in anycase its interesting to me since i'm tracking the recent intense global fashion 'move' on targeting the gay&lesbian market, so the article must be good for my research

thanks for bringing this in stylegggurl :flower: [/b][/quote]
You are welcome Lena :flower:

If I have time later today I will cut and paste the most interesting parts of the article.

~Tashi

Apart from stating the obvious this article is a right load of tosh. The idea that men are 'metrosexualised' by 'gay culture' is a load of nonsense. The idea that lesbians dress in a certain way is ridiculous - I know very few lesbians but I know a lot of bi-females and non of them conform to that articles stereotype at all. All in all I think it's a fairly inconcise meander with a load of tosh injected at various points.

I'm sorry but I don't see how any of the trends they describe has to do with lesbians. It just seems like they are trying to draw a whole lot of links that are not there.

Originally posted by Acid@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:34 pm
i can understand with gay men can be feminine, cause they wanna be like their diva idols...
That is so not true Sean...not true at all :doh:

Originally posted by banana@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 2:50 pm
I'm sorry but I don't see how any of the trends they describe has to do with lesbians. It just seems like they are trying to draw a whole lot of links that are not there.
exactly-which is why...after finishing the FIFTH page i had had enough...not because i have a short attention span...but because i don't care for the writer's style and found the topic to be a 'stretch' at best...... :flower:

I really don't agree with the generalizations in this article. I mean, my neighbours are lesbians and they dress nothing like the strange descriptions here. I think articles like this do more harm than good. :ninja:

the industry is trying VERY hard to tap on the gay and lesbian market, much more on lesbians because they seem so elusive and non-standardised.

gone are the old butch/femme stereotypes, most lesbians go completly undetectable (in terms of fashion attitude) and believe me, there are lots of very serious studies trying to de-code the phenomenon

as for why old lesbian stereotypes? goes down to some kind of twisted transvestism that first came up during the very dark ages (1600 onwards)

some they managed to get married and live their whole life without people even realising there was something 'unsual' in the married couple, it was really incredible :ninja:

you are the best Lena :lol: you are the female version of ask jeeves :kiss:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 4:06 pm
exactly-which is why...after finishing the FIFTH page i had had enough...not because i have a short attention span...but because i don't care for the writer's style and found the topic to be a 'stretch' at best...... :flower:
I totally agree. The writing was bad and while I think that this is a valid topic in fashion today, no interesting points were discussed at all.

do we have any lesbians at tfs?...it would be great to get that kind of perspective on this...

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 4:24 pm
do we have any lesbians at tfs?...it would be great to get that kind of perspective on this...
haha! I don't know why but I found that to be quite amusing.

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 9:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 9:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 4:24 pm

Come out, come out, wherever you are! [/b][/quote]
:shock:

well...it wasn't meant to be amusing...we obviously have the boys in the gay community represented, i was just wondering if we had any girls around...it seems they would know something about trends and culture and could share some insights...i'd rather hear from the community than some fashion writer who sounds like she's making it up a she goes along...
what's the big deal?

the come out come out bit that chickonspeed did was funny :P

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 8:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 8:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 4:24 pm

Come out, come out, wherever you are! [/b][/quote]
:dizzy: :bounce: :buzz: :clap: :hardhead: :stuart: :lol:
i was wetting myself laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->