Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), New York

I'm dropping off my portfolio tomorrow!! I'm excited!

I've decided to drop out of Parsons for a number of reasons...and I'm excited to start at FIT in the spring (that is if I get in of course...I'm assuming I will, considering I got in the first time I applied).

Since this is the official thread for FIT, I'd like to ask a quick question. I want to apply for the Visual Arts Management program. I already have a BA in Art History, but I'd like to do the technical background aspects of the art world. I was wondering if it's a good program or if it's a hard program to get into? Thanks to anyone who can give some feedback. :smile:

I've been thinking a lot lately about transferring to FIT. Does anyone know how hard it is to get in as a transfer student? How is the application process? Also, I would love to know a bit more about what its like to live in NYC while attending FIT and thoughts on the school all together. My reasoning for changing schools are for several reasons but the main one is I realized that my one true love is fashion (much like everyone else on TFS) and the school I am going to now doesn't offer me a venue to pursue this. :smile:

I don't mean to be a bother but I would really love it if someone could answer my questions which I listed above. Also would love to know more about the Advertising and Marketing Communications program. Thanks!:flower:

Is anyone planning to go to FIT for the summer sessions in 2011?

I have a question... for the Fall 2011 applications can you still apply? it says that the deadline is January 1st... so I guess I'm too late :( lol

I have a question... for the Fall 2011 applications can you still apply? it says that the deadline is January 1st... so I guess I'm too late :( lol

I'm pretty sure they have rolling admissions, meaning you can apply any time you wish, but it might just be a good idea to email someone in the admissions department to double check and see.

You should have submitted the online app, which includes your academic history and essay, by January 1. All supplemental materials (the portfolio + home tests) are due by Feb. 1 I believe. You should check out FIT's facebook page where you can ask them questions. There's also a discussion forum on FIT's facebook page that talks about the deadlines for Fall 2011 applicants. :D

That's when you have to talk to an Admissions person or check out FIT's facebook page. There's a lot of info there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I will be sure to do so... thanks for your help anyways... Just out of curiosity Trend Monger, do you got to FIT? If so how do you like the school?:flower:

Ahh.... I see! Good luck with your application~ I'm sure you will get in!:flower:

I applied for the Fall 2011 semester at FIT and I'm so incredibly nervous, haha.
All my stuff is sent in and I suppose I'm just waiting, at this point.
Does anyone on this thread actually go to FIT for Fashion Design? I was kind of hoping someone could reassure me a bit.. I'm hoping to transfer from a University. I've got nearly a 4.0 (God knows how...), so I've got that going for me. I think I kicked butt a bit in my essays as well. I'm a little nervous about my portfolio. I used the 9 head ratio for my models, gave them all faces, and made sure they weren't all in the same exact pose. I like to think my designs were interesting and different, but I have nothing to compare them to. I'm so nervous, haha
What are my chances, really? Do transfer students get in more easily? How helpful is a good GPA and essay?

Has anyone else applied for Fall 2011?

Ok so I just submitted my essay and school information, which is the final process of the application. The only problem I'm having is that after submitting everything, it states not entered under "Application Preference". What exactly does that mean? Do I have to go and change something asap to make it go away? Any help please.

I'm registered as a continuing ed student, but I keep chickening out, and I don't feel like paying tuition right now.
Oh wells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->