fashion oriented nightclubs

Erzébeth II

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any nightclubs that are really conceptual, from interior design to details like lighting, architecture, staff uniforms, etc? I'm just curious.. and there are none where I live, i'm sick of the ones here being so mainstream. :( I'd like to move to a city that has some really interesting ones.

I've heard of lots, but it's difficult to recall their names and locations. What was the name of that London clubbing event that was all the rage a while ago, where clubkids wore really crazy eyemakeup?

My only issue with conceptual clubs is that they can be a little too conceptual, and there's this snobby, stifling atmosphere. While I'm dazzled by attention to detail, especially lighting (it's so important!), clubgoers generally create the atmosphere, not vice versa. You might go to a grungy, no-frills club and get utterly lost in the music and ambience, while an innovative, swanky club might turn out to be dull and postured.

Are you sure there aren't any good clubs where you live? The less mainstream places rarely get advertised, and of-the-moment clubbing events often shift locations. Your best bet is to go on music-related websites for your area, and check out the events list. And take note of every little flier/poster in cafes, hair salons, and clothing stores frequented by students or artists.

Last edited by a moderator:
you've made some good points :smile:

(i'm pretty sure there are no good ones round here though.. I live in a hick town. can't wait to save up enough to leave..)

There is a chain of Ice Bars (not nightclubs obviously.. but they are very conceptual when it comes to the interior design).

This is from the Icebar in London.. there's one in Copenhagen as well.. and some other locations..can't recall..

ice-bar.jpg ice-bar-london.jpg absolut-icebar.jpg

absolut-icebar-at-night.jpg absolut-ice-bar-bottles.jpg absolut-icebar-london.jpg

absolut-icebar-phonebox.jpg ice-bar-seats.jpg ice-bar-london-wall.jpg

all images from urbanpath.com

But I'd have to say while it's very conceptual.. I'm not sure I'd consider it very 'fashiony' given that you are handed termo clothing to put over your own clothing when you get in, inorder to be able to handle the cold.. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"