Your Favourite Fashion Podcasts

I think these are quite well known but these ones are the only ones I follow: Dressed, Suzy Menkes' and StyleZeitgeist's. The first one is very good to expand on one's knowledge on fashion's history, the second mainly focus on current happenings and the last one is more critical of today's industry landscape, sometimes a bit overlong though.

I do not recommend InVogue, too many ads and it doesn't offer much for people like us here in the forum who are deep into fashion. Galliano's is the only I liked from what I remember.

Not a podcast but Loic Prigent youtube channel is harmless entertainment even though is totally in the service of the brands' PR. It's also quite good to practice my (very basic) french.

Last edited:
I think these are quite well known but these ones are the only ones I follow: Dressed, Suzy Menkes' and StyleZeitgeist's. The first one is very good to expand on one's knowledge on fashion's history, the second mainly focus on current happenings and the last one is more critical of today's industry landscape, sometimes a bit overlong though.

I do not recommend InVogue, too many ads and it doesn't offer much for people like us here in the forum who are deep into fashion. Galliano's is the only I liked from what I remember.

Not a podcast but Loic Prigent youtube channel is harmless entertainment even though is totally in the service of the brands' PR. It's also quite good to practice my (very basic) french.
thanks!

^ was wondering why I couldn't find it, then saw it's in French, that's why!.

not a podcast but I listen to Diane Pernet’s A Shaded View on Clubhouse sometimes.. it's every Tuesday. I have listened to The Fashion Historian occasionally (every Sunday) and it can be interesting.. it's just my tolerance for strictly fashion talk is very low and it just plummets if you add the extra ingredient of wokeness. I'm much better at reading thoughts than hearing the accompanying, typically grating, high pitched voice with exaggerated enunciation that some people feel like they have to do whenever they discuss fashion and want to show deep understanding (*cough* the stylezeitgeist podcast).

I like Red Scare.. it's mostly general culture but they have some fashion-centered episodes (in which you realise they know nothing about fashion, which is, frankly, pretty refreshing) or will filter in parts of the show dedicated to CDG or whatever's making headlines. And 'like' is an understatement lol.. been listening to them from day one, invest my money on it, play the episodes as soon as they come out :lol:.. that appeals to me more: people that sound perfectly and unapologetically stupid, mildly trollish and eternally tormented at being 'just American' (hence the development of their 'slavic' persona -when it's really just heritage with a 100% American foundation- in an attempt to compensate for their watered down identities), and who just happen to make great points.. with tons of vocal fry. They sound just like some of my friends and I think that's part of the appeal too, love them.

Didn't know Suzy Menkes had a podcast, thanks for that YohjiAddict (not sure I'll actually listen to it but thanks for sharing! :lol:)

^i enjoy red scare as well, i would also recommend their friends not really who actually have some knowledge about fashion

The BoF Podcast can be interesting depending on the topic or person interviewed.

For mainly interviews with designers and co: Fashion your Seatbelt by Jessica Michault.

but both are for zapping through rather than awaiting episodes every week...

this is quite an interesting listen.. most of the podcasts on fashion network are more industry-related but this one and the one with Olivier Theyskens are about the Designers' individual experiences

^ thank you! :heart:... I could hear Olivier rambling all day long lol.. clothes aside, I want to hear more about his time spent in Chile, and the other places he visited after Ricci, too bad it's not 'fashion' so no one's going to interview him extensively about his (solo?) traveling any time soon, but I really think that summarizes in a way why his career is fascinating to see and why his work is usually so good, he's not reduced himself to his profession or isolated himself within his industry, he seems to have a pretty healthy grasp of what it all means and obviously, given his experiences with corporations when he was still so young, about how fickle everything is, too.

It's not exactly TFS' style of subject but I like Articles of Interest, particularly Season 3 by Avery Trufelman where they go into the origin and growth of preppy style (including via Japan). It's a totally foreign thing to me, all this preppie stuff and the connotations of what they wear, so I found it a really fascinating look at a subculture I don't really know much about or want to participate in.

I can't stand to have someone in my ear for too long though so I read the transcript instead of putting audio on.

The Most by Dominique Nzeyimana

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->