Fashion Sketchbooks - inspirations, research drawings, photos, leading to design

S

socksandsandals

I don't think there's a thread for this one: This thread is dedicated to the sketchbooks that have helped us develop a garment, the 'origin' of any idea. I think it would be interesting to show the first stages of our design; What were we inspired of? pictures, sketches... And any research drawings. :P I'd love to see everyone's works!

My A-Level Art Coursework

My write-up:

The notion of female warriors is present in many cultures. The contrast between a female warrior and a princess -tough and feminine elements- is the essence of this work. Another highlight is the use of paper. Paper is an incredibly versatile medium with the ability to be moulded into hard or soft forms, which suits my purpose of exploring contrast perfectly. Varying paper techniques including origami are incorporated into the designs. Through this work, I aim to demonstrate new possibilities of garment creation via the use of an unconventional material.

Attachments

• prep1.jpg
    prep1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 39
  • prep3.jpg
    prep3.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 32
  • prep4.jpg
    prep4.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 26
  • prep5.jpg
    prep5.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 26
  • prep6.jpg
    prep6.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 24
  • prep7.jpg
    prep7.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 18
  • prep8.jpg
    prep8.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 26
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 20
  • finalback.jpg
    finalback.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 15
  • finaldetail.jpg
    finaldetail.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Wooow! amazing designs and research starrygurlrox! congratulations for the A level!

OK so this thread is just like the homework i have hahaha go to a never before exprienced artistic activity and make an inspiration board of that and finally make a shirt hahaha, but i guess its kinda hardd!!

Thanks to everyone who commented! I hope to study fashion design starting from this fall.

OMg you are so advanced for not being studying fashion desgin!! you are very talentedd!!! congrtsssssssss

Madame Grès

scanned by la_bordélique
from memoire de la mode by laurence benaim

I made my board and my design lol i had to make a board and then make a dress for barbie!! omg it went soo well but im really ashamed of posting it hhahaha i dont think its THAT good lol

I think they're great, aaron! :P you should show it
both of them!

i dunno hahhaa but ill take some confidence and post later

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->