Fashion Story Ideas

- SPRING MOURNING-

PUBLISHED IN i-D MAGAZINE. PHOTOGRAPHY BY WILLY VANDERPERRE. STYLED BY THEFRENCHY. MODELS: STELLA TENNANT (widow), HUGO VILLARD (husband) + extras.

INSPIRATION: Going against the whole "everything is so nice in spring" and showcasing the journey of a wife who lost her husband during that season. Couture editorial displaying the Haute Couture collections for Spring 2012.

COVER: Stella is wearing this exact same Givenchy HC SS12 look, it's portrait shot. In the background, cherry trees. A man's hand is covering her left eye. You can tell he's wearing a black jacket.

wrvoZ.jpg

• PAGES 1&2: HOW SHE FOUND HIM. Double page, shot in b&w.
SET: The couple lives in a hôtel particulier somewhere in France. Very old-fashioned decorating. She opens the door, flabbergasted and sees him sitting at his desk naked, head back, dead. She's wearing Bouchra Jarrar HC SS12.

5wYtJ.jpg
MaT7c.jpg

---------------------------------------

• PAGES 3&4: TELLING THE FAMILY. Double page, shot in b&w.
SET: In her bedroom. Think Marie-Antoinette's at Le Petit Trianon, with a much bigger bed. The bed isn't done. She's sitting at her dressing table, holding the phone, crying. A lot of her jewelry is displayed all over the table. Some of it has fell on the floor. She's wearing Giambattista Valli HC SS12 (sans headpiece or necklace).

jXGFp.jpg
EC6oY.jpg

• PAGES 5&6: THE FUNERALS. Double page, shot in colors.
SET: In the property's park, surrounded by cherry trees. There is wind. The part of the ground where the ceremony is held is covered by a dark wood floor. The widow is standing in front of the coffin, looking straight into the camera. In the background, guests are young men wearing identical black suits, head down, standing around the coffin. She is wearing a complete Givenchy HC SS12 look.

2xQYU.jpg
rIHEe.jpg

• PAGES 7&8: MOVING ON. Page 7 is empty and white. Page 8 is shot in b&w.
SET: The Love Temple at Le Petit Trianon. She's holding one of the pillars, looking forward. Worried. She's holding her coat with her left hand. Some of it is on the cold marble floor. She's wearing Valentino HC SS12.

8yco5l.jpg
HUWpo.jpg

SOURCES: STYLE.COM; STEELMACHINES.WORDPRESS.COM; LEFIGARO.FR; ARISTHENINJA.BLOGSPOT.COM; CHOUPETTE83.OVER-BLOG.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah !!!!
this is used to be one of my favorite thread onto here !!!!

bring it back! bring it back!

- SPRING MOURNING-

PUBLISHED IN i-D MAGAZINE. PHOTOGRAPHY BY WILLY VANDERPERRE. STYLED BY THEFRENCHY. MODELS: STELLA TENNANT (widow), HUGO VILLARD (husband) + extras.

INSPIRATION: Going against the whole "everything is so nice in spring" and showcasing the journey of a wife who lost her husband during that season. Couture editorial displaying the Haute Couture collections for Spring 2012.

you think ahead ...
Death becomes her is an exhibition about mourning and fashion, currently on view at the MET, in NYC.

what's happening ? what's going on ?

a sort of challenge ? or just ideas without any control other than you can post only ONE story at a time - with the following rules: you need a theme, a story (a good fashion editorial tells a story, has character-s!), and you need a team :
models (you can invent them on computers. we are in 2014. or post a list and pics of them), photographer (you can be him/her if you post some proofs/portfolio of your work), make-up, hair, and stylist (obviously you are him/her!) etc. ....

I guess if you have a software like photoshop and stuff, it is easier to create collages so we don't have tons of images (this website is FULL with images - a lot of them in the early pages being broken - some IT guy should look at this...).
I don't think I have photoshop, still... so I don't know how this picture thing should be.

i haven't really checked all the shows, but i'm really obsessed with "community-garden-urban-farm-pastoralism" and stuff lately.... so i could think of a story for this.

^Lets do it, I don't have PS so will post looks and ideas as separate images like before..

I think if we have a loose theme and we can interpret it as we wish?

Shall we do a designer retrospective as our first challenge? something easy to get the blood flowing.

Chewbacca with seven virgins at a 70s prom in couture.

The theme is : Designer Retrospectives

Fashion is always so nostalgic so lets delve into the archives of your favourite designers and re-live their best moments..

Ooh never got to take part in this...and my mind is always over-working with editorial ideas.

'A Lang Summer's Day'
Published in: US Vogue
Photographed by: Bruce Weber
Styled by: Moi
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Gucci Westman

Model: Aya Jones

stylebistro.com

^ Hair and make-up is a variation on this look, maybe a bit less baby strands of hair??

Inspiration: De-contextualising Helmut Lang's iconic, way-paving clothes 10 years after his departure from fashion, the story is shot in conventional Weber style on a beach in Miami. Bright, lightly saturated colours with a few separate influences incorporated into the shots...

iconicphotos.wordpress.com

vevo.com

fineartamerica.com

Pages 1 and 2:
On the left Aya stands in a sculptural pose, in front of blue sky, S/S 2002 dress worn over S/S 2001 dress with skirt blowing in breeze.

Right hand side an image of glistening waves rolling onto empty shore.

style.com; meetup.com

Pages 3 and 4:
On the left page Aya leans against a palm tree near the shore, hands behind back, looking into distance. She wears F/W 2001 suit with draped top and sandals (on Oluchi) from S/S 2001.

style.com; winepassionista.com

On the right hand page she sits on a chaise longue near her thatched beach house, one knee up with book in hand staring into lens (closer up shot). She wears S/S 2001 bra top with F/W 1996 trousers and S/S 2005 shoes.

Something like this under an awning or somewhere shaded...

style.com; helmutlang.tumblr.com; overstock.com

TBC...

Pages 5 and 6:
On the left Aya stands in front of foliage, wearing S/S 2004 dress (without glove). A dragonfly covers the back of her hand which is in close proximity to neck and perhaps another one on other hand. Darker lighting, face forward shot up to knees.

On the right hand, collage style individual shots of foliage, dragonflies and some arm-close ups with focus on S/S 2005 bracelet.

style.com; cgtextures.com; soul of a gardner.wordpress.com

Pages 7 and 8:
On the left page, Aya pushes arms up against trunk of palm tree. She wears top and trousers from S/S 1997 with one armed glove from F/W 1999.

On right page, Aya stands in sea with elephant, to the right of it's trunk (Dovima/Ashanti reference). She wears F/W 2004 dress.

lynnandhorstblogspot.com; helmutlang.tumblr.com

Pages 9 and 10:
As sun sets, Aya looks out towards the sea (close-up). She wears S/S 1999 dress, palm trees in background, moody lighting.

On right hand page Aya stands in door way of beach house, wearing S/S 2003 look.

corbisimages.com; style.com

Pages 11 and 12:
In the left image Aya sits atop elephant in S/S 2000 dress with sandals.

archivings.com; tape.tv

On the right hand image, Aya sits/half-stands in ocean, wearing S/S 2005 final dress.

style.com

Fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->