Fashion Story Ideas

I would love to shoot an editorial of a woman getting ready for a party. The set could be a nice and chic hotel bathroom with a gigantic mirror. Where a big countertop would display loads of jewlery and make up. Would be a woman not very sure the look she want, so she would try different outfits with different make up. All nice night time outfits,simple cuts and solid colors, the craziness and the special tocuh would be the acessories. Well, that's my style. Im usually in basic stuff and i go creative with jewlery :wink:

There is a closeted stylist in me, haha I am loving this thread! :heart:

Thank you Soft !:blush: :flower:

chocsta said:
I want to do a shoot a story about... SCHOOL :wink:

So there'll be all these boys and girls seated at their wooden desks in wooden chairs in an old school classroom. They'll all have different bags and accessories, like shoes, jewellery, scarves, headbands, hairclips, glasses, watches... and using different pens, pencil cases etc, but they'll all be in the same uniform, to make the accessories really stand out!

Fashionable academia is possible :flower:

i love this idea, LOVE. I am a HUGE acessories fan :woot:

An entire spread with the shots done like Waterhouse pantings - in that style and with similar settings - I think it could be quite lovely :blush: Possibly photographed by Paolo Roversi :woot:

Examples of his paintings:

waterhouse_windflowers.jpg
waterhouse76_p.jpg

waterhouse45_p.jpg
waterhouse118_p.jpg

waterhouse_st_cecilia.jpg

waterhouse_miranda_the_tempest.jpg

waterhouse_the_lady_of_shalott02.jpg

^hm i'm sensing the recent ysl collection? the colors would work..i wish the you could actually cut up the clothing and manipulate it...his stuff is so puffy compared to waterhouse..i'd want to relax it and experiment w/ creating drape..maybe i just want to see all these fine clothes being used and abused as realistically as possible to make the editorial as authentic as possible.! i would want to make the clothes bleed..

travolta said:
^hm i'm sensing the recent ysl collection? the colors would work..i wish the you could actually cut up the clothing and manipulate it...his stuff is so puffy compared to waterhouse..i'd want to relax it and experiment w/ creating drape..maybe i just want to see all these fine clothes being used and abused as realistically as possible to make the editorial as authentic as possible.! i would want to make the clothes bleed..
what a wonderful notion :woot: and I agree about the manipulation of clothes to suit the original paintings - perhaps you could drape extra material over designer gowns, or honestly - stripping away at the puffyness and formatting them to this style? :heart: :flower:

what would you guys do for fall 2005? i have ideas ill post them when they are clear

^ as a rough idea, something set in Paris or London in the late 20s/ early 30s - with that kind of care free "smart set" party atmosphre, very "Bright Young Things"

00020f.jpg
00180f.jpg
00520f.jpg

00800f.jpg
00530f.jpg
00300f.jpg

For fall 2005 I've seen soooo much black. Fall reminds me of the Ex here in Toronto, it's a carnival-type thing that signifies the end of summer to locals.

I'd like to photograph it at night, against the bright lights of an abandoned carnivale.

Pavement gleaming with grease, vintage out-of-order rides with power in half the lightbulbs, rotten candy apples, gruff carnies...

Redheaded model, alabaster skin; black was always the only black.

00490f.jpg

00450f.jpg

00030f.jpg

00320f.jpg

00560f.jpg

what do you mean by a 30s party tiffany i cant picture it?

Morgs said:
what do you mean by a 30s party tiffany i cant picture it?
I suppose perhaps party was the wrong term, but something like this (credits: movie listings for "Bright Young Things")

brighty1.jpg
brighty2.jpg

brightyoungthings.jpg

bright.jpg

tiffany and eastendsnob, I love your ideas...I can totally picture them

Spike413 said:
tiffany and eastendsnob, I love your ideas...I can totally picture them

Thanks so much :D

It's hard to get across what's in my mind.. I need to work on my descriptiveness. Some people here are so eloquent, the words just immediately turn into the beautiful pictures they are describing in my head :smile:

Heres some Ideas I was throwing around…. But keep in mind im new to this game

Im thinking alone feline lines – because there are so many occurrences on the catwalks this season: think leopard print, fur, makeup, stiletto’s, sleek physique (skinny leg leans), etc all very feminine …. all will be in a sort of femme fatale / film noir theme also..

• Model in front of kitsch / ironic props/ location such as a big fish tank looking hungry lol I no - but stylish
  • Playing with a ball of not twine but jewels and this seasons hottest necklaces
  • Playing around with a cat as a night ‘animal’…
  • Also incorporate day wear ‘lounging around’

haha just having a bit of fun but have a good image in my mind of how I would portray it.. what do you guys think maybe a bit too commercial??

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooo...I wanna play too :woot:

A. I'd like to do a High School Reunion with various models in their present day incarnations juxtaposed with their black-and-white yearbook photo and nickname. Erin O'Connor would be the goth girl (now exec for a record company); Natalia V. would be the shy, wallflower girl (now a Hollywood megastar); Frankie Rayder would be the tough girl who beat everybody up (now a freesprited Baptist minister); Hana S. would be the haughty cheerleader (grown up to be a Greenpeace activist with a weakness for bald headed Asian girls).

B. Versailles Crisis. A mix of couture and rtw pieces set in the last day of Versailles before the revolution overruns it. Aristos inside (in couture natch) fight tooth and nail with Aristos from the countryside. One side tries to get out before the mob finds them - the other side tries vainly to get in fleeing the terror. Sort of an exploration on the dynamics between couture and rtw. Reference to the novel "Farewell My Queen" by Chantall Thomas detailing the chaos and panic of that last day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->