Fashion Styling, Show Your Work

Reaction score
I hope this thread is okay to make!

I could only find a thread about styling as a career, no one for us who are into this to share pictures, inspiration and ideas.
I'm only 16 years old so this is far from being serious business to me but I find that styling, playing with clothes, is a great way to express ideas and feelings.. Great styling can make not-so-pretty clothing and accessories look really cool and it can create a sort of dreamland..

So share your work, your ideas, your inspirations or anything else you can come up with regarding this subject!

Come as you are.

To start this off I'm going to post some pictures from a little shoot I did this May.. A friend acted model and I did the styling/photography, though I'm not too good at the latter :P

This was part of a magazine project I did for school and the theme was sort of 90's... I used mainly pieces that belong to me or my family, but I also did some thrifting. It was a lot of fun!

Anyway, here are the pictures...

may025.jpg

may004.jpg

may029.jpg

may033.jpg

may038.jpg

may042.jpg

may060.jpg

may055.jpg

may058.jpg

source is me.

wow I love the clothing you chose! expecially the shorts she's wearing in those grass shots.

^^ thank you both. So am I the only one here who wants to discuss the art of styling? :P

StellaMare...it's pretty good.
1st look : i like the colour of the jeans. it's pretty 90s!
2nd look : I like the color palette and looove the horse sweat-shirt. it's pretty good.
3rd look : a bit disappointed by choice of this little purplepythonbag.
try it with HIGHheels, forget the leggings, put maybe a big belt to make it more tighten at the waist. or maybe you could put the belt onto the hips and open a little the leatherdress. this dress looks awesome it needs something sexy or turn-over its use. and make it a jacket.

...oops sorry it's your work. but it's pretty good....keep on posting, i like it.
karma for your work and the courage it takes to post it here.

(oh i didn't pay attention it was a school project and you had a theme....good choice for the jeans, then.)

Last edited by a moderator:
^me too!! really cute shirt!! and the leather/vest/minidress rocks!!

Ah great new thread!:woot: I hope to see more photos
I will try to post mine soon (once I have shot them lol )

did some people do some styling for fun (or not)?! i'ld like to see some news...

ahh! I saw apples, I thought sleeping beauty, but that isnt right either- the bad apple is Snow White! The cape makes it red riding hood! I always get my tales mixed up! :-P
so well done, your photographer is amazing as well!

The apple story is snowwhite yes haha
I understand how you were thinking, I guess easier to say the overall theme is fairytales :mrgreen:

I can share "my work" (though, i don't have it on a real person) someday when my camera has a charged battery ^_^

Hey, I'm wondering how much I should charge for styling? It's for a shoot for a fashion mag I write for, but I'm branching out, haha. I'm sourcing the clothes and organzing it and so on... how much does a person normally charge for these things? I have not the faintest clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->