Fashion that represents objects

purplelucrezia

Reaction score
For some reason, I really like pieces that are inspired by or made out of actual objects. I'll start off with these earrings made of thermometers... :blush:

I would have loved one of these... :P
"Wearing a disposable, paper dress was a short-lived fad from about 1966 until 1968. It didn't need washing because you just threw it out after wearing it a few times. The price was $1.25, about the cost of an average meal then. The design was obviously inspired by Andy Warhol's soup-can series."

Oooh I love those thermometer earrings! :woot: Where'd you find them? They're darling!

Those Warhold dresses are cute. I love that cut of dress, I have two. And they were made of paper? Thats a neat idea. I think we need to revive that?

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Jan 25th, 2004 - 9:09 pm
Oooh I love those thermometer earrings! :woot: Where'd you find them? They're darling!

Those Warhold dresses are cute. I love that cut of dress, I have two. And they were made of paper? Thats a neat idea. I think we need to revive that?
I agree! I wonder how they made them?... :blush:

Other ideas I've seen which I haven't found pictures of yet are a dress made of zippers and a skirt made of ties. :woot:

12926_lg.jpg

this is awesome its a clutch made entirely out of tape! i have a wallet made out of tape..

:o I wonder if those paper dresses ripped easily. Or if they melted in the rain.

Originally posted by HBoogie@Jan 25th, 2004 - 10:45 pm
:o I wonder if those paper dresses ripped easily. Or if they melted in the rain.
Well, they were only $1.25... :innocent:

They're great aren't they... :P Here's a picture of a skirt made of ties (this was the best image I could find)... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->