Fashion that represents objects

I owe this thread a pic of my stop sing purse.
Nevertheless, I have pics on the thing that I plan to buy as soon as next year starts (It wouldn't be that expensive without the taxes, and I have a big discount every first purchase of the year!!)

Originally posted by Putinha@Nov 13 2004, 10:40 AM
I owe this thread a pic of my stop sing purse.
Nevertheless, I have pics on the thing that I plan to buy as soon as next year starts (It wouldn't be that expensive without the taxes, and I have a big discount every first purchase of the year!!)
[snapback]429959[/snapback]​

That ice-cream purse is ADORABLE! I can see why you want that to be part of your wardrobe.

Originally posted by ob-sh-de@Nov 11 2004, 08:26 PM
this thread is MADE for me! i love stuff like this. i have a bracelet with plastic covered paper clips hooked together and a toothbrush bracelet but my favorite is my bracelet made out of a metal fork that i melted. ill try taking a pic and posting it... its really cool.
[snapback]427998[/snapback]​

My dad made a bracelet like that for my mom, out of an old-fashioned butter-knife. He also made her a spoon-handle ring. That was back in the 1960s, when they were just dating! She's still got the ring, but I have never seen the bracelet, just heard about it. They used to rat around at flea-markets all the time, and got some real-silver silverware one time that Dad converted to jewelry for Mom :smile: Isn't that just too darn sweet?

:mohawk: A radish hat! This topic only keeps getting better, thanks for all of the great contributions...

Chanel, "The little pearl bag? So Chanel- elegant and with wit." :heart:
B) That little bikini's also theirs.

Wow, I'm in love with this thread! :blush: I would wear any of the acessories pictured, speacially the bags! I love funny, DIY stuff...!
I'm in love with this chinese take out box bag:

purse5.jpg

Here's a few unique contributions:

These are by A'N'D Azumi and David

1. pearl key chain
2. tie scarf
3. quirky bracelet with seersucker striped fabric and pearls.

Cuff in the form of a leather sleeve by Bless

Nice, Scott... :heart:

Now, moving on to my more tasteless contribution... :P
...a strawberry bag which I bought because I needed another bag which would hang off my arm in clubs...

On the subject of ties... I saw the most wonderful handmade bags made of interesting ties, and then bits of sparkly material and sequins (both always draw me in :ninja: ), but alas, I couldn't afford...

Here's a pic of some brooches Bernhard Willhelm's mother Rosemary crocheted for one of his collections. Kitschy pastries and such.

Objects are becoming quite utilized these days. This is where I feel design is at in accessories.

Thanks Strawberry*. I seriously don't know how I missed this thread. This phenomena is really beautiful to me. Taking these otherwise ordinary bits and making extraordinary pieces of work out of them.

Here's a couple pieces from Yoshiko Creation Paris

Apropos Scotts image of the tie-scarf. I was contemplating stealing one of my husbands silk ties and using it as a scarf..but his wrath would know no end if I did that :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"