Fashion worn in editorials and in personal life by the same models

Mariann

Reaction score
I've noticed some models wear outfits in editorials and fashion shows and then appear to be wearing them on the red carpet or in personal life.

Please use this thread to post images.

This is a really good idea for a thread! I don't know any off the top of my head..

I think you'll find the SHOES are the models a lot of the time. A lot of fashion PR agencies generally only stock one small pair (if not only one) of a shoe style.
This is more for tests and small designers though...

Hanne-Gaby got the shoes she was wearing at Kenzo F/W 13.14

vogue.it, thestreetfashion5xpro.blogspot.ru

FINALLY FOUND ONE

Source Team Isabeli Facebook

Also guessing it is proof models get to keep outfits from editorials as payment?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
^ not exactly new news that this is the only form of payment Marc Jacobs knows about :innocent:

^ not exactly new news that this is the only form of payment Marc Jacobs knows about :innocent:

I know I've heard a lot before, just shocking considering Isabeli is such a top model and makes quite a bit of money. I heard editorials don't pay or not much. It happens every where though.

I know some times models bring their own clothes for test shoots also. Everyone keep the pictures coming if you find any :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
i don think models who wear the clothes in the editorials are being paid in that way, I've never her of a model being given trade to do a magazine shoot. Models get invited to events and get to go to PR showrooms or showrooms of the designers and pick out clothes to borrow or be given to wear at an event

Some times they do get paid in clothing, it happens in my local city too and in bigger cities they do test shoots providing their own clothing. There is a seperare thread, the Marc Jacobs one which talks about how models get paid in trade even for campaigns- absolutely shocking I know!

When I used the stripe dress photos I was wondering if they were the model's own and she used them in pictures were it wasn't necessary to wear clothing by a stylist.

Or if the model got them from an editorial and wore them in the next photo to promote something that didn't require styling again but the modelling being herself.

First image
twitter.com/isabelifontana1

Second image
ohhhmyhat.com

Attachments

• twqzv.jpg
    twqzv.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 6
  • isabeli-fontana6.jpg
    isabeli-fontana6.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread