Favorite Dogs

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by As You Like It, Nov 10, 2004.

1. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

2. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I :heart: collies - that's all my parents have ever owned - so cuddly :smile:

3. fourboltmain

fourboltmain More Old Skool Than You

I love my boston terrier!

4. buggy

buggy New Member

Rhodesian Ridgeback for it's personality... feline like, intelligent, strong, gentle.

Labrador retriever, it's intelligent, loyal, tolerant of kids... it's also an all go or no go breed. If I'm in the mood for a hike, they are a great hiking partner, if I am in the mood to be lazy and lay around, they like to be lazy and lie around.

Boston Terriers are also a breed I like, they're fun, smart and very energetic. I generally like large dogs, but what the boston terrier lacks in size, they make up for in personality. I found a stray boston terrier last year, I put up signs but no one claimed her. She was so much fun. Well trained, too. Unfortunately she was very ill when we got her and didn't make it.

Here are my kids, Portia (RR) and Brutus (lab). Portia passed away a couple of months ago after a battle with GME. I still miss her.

5. saturnine

saturnine New Member

I'm rather fond of small dogs, but I also adore big, shaggy, galumphing mutts. :heart:

6. twiggster666

twiggster666 New Member

I love dogs in general, especially big ones. My favourite dog is the pitbull, I think they're sooo cute... :crush:

7. faust

faust New Member

If I will ever own a house I wil have either two German Shepherds or two Huskies.
    I FVCKING hate small dogs.

8. helena

helena Swim Upstream

faust - look at this.....how could you say this is not cute? :heart: and if you ever want to live in paris you are obliged to like small dogs....by law!

9. faust

faust New Member

that looks like a puppy. i mean those nasty barking small dogs with the gucci collars and burberry warmers. get me an ak-47 :muscles:

10. meowmix

meowmix New Member

i don't know exactly what size category my favorite dog would fall under, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE :heart: :heart: :heart: whatever breed of terrier ASTA is... Asta is the dog in the Thin Man movies, as well as I believe...rrr.. My Favourite Wife and Bringing Up Baby...and other screwball comedies i can't think of right now. I really really dislike Chihuahuas though...very very small dogs. I also don't like really really huge dogs, unless it's like a sheepdog 'cos most of them scare the crap out of me.

11. helena

helena Swim Upstream

yes it is a puppy cavalier king charles spaniel. so sweet. mmmmm thats bad dogs don't like designers!!!

12. utopia

utopia ingenue

I love small dogs. when I was growing up we had a beautiful little sheltie who was in between small and medium. she was such a sweetheart. :heart: she was the perfect size - not a little yappy dog, and not too big.
    I really want to get a corgi or a another sheltie one day. I would have to have a dog again. :grrr:

13. As You Like It

If I recall, Asta was a Wire-haired terrier. Judging by this webpage, a wire-haired fox terrier would be a real handful, but a cute one, at that.

14. SophieKawaii

SophieKawaii New Member

I'm malamute maniac! I love that dog! So elegant, beautiful and wild like wolves!

15. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

I love dogs that are wolf-like. So, I voted 'large'. B)

16. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Large docile ones.

17. meowmix

meowmix New Member

awww how could anyone stay angry with that.... :heart:

18. ELLE_ME

ELLE_ME New Member

I love the Briard, they are fun loving, happy dogs who wants nothing more than keeping everybody arround them happy. They love cats, other dogs, people, kids, you name it...In fact another name for this breed is "a heart surrounded by fur"

I was lucky enough to get to spend 12 years with mine and not once in all those years did she ever do anything to hurt another creature, man or animal, during theese years I also had a cat, and later on a hamster and a rabbit, and she saw it as her personale duty to keep them all safe and happy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. As You Like It

Aww! She was adorable. She was obviously having a lot of fun in the snow.

While I don't dislike small dogs, in general, I find that a lot of people don't socialize and train them well, so they are often unruly, snappish, and kind of obnoxious. However, I was out today, and met a Maltese who was the sweetest little furball! She belongs to a lady who runs a perfume shop here in Kansas City, and she was just toodling all around the shop, so I stooped down and offered her my hand to sniff, and pretty soon, we were buddies.

*sniff*

I want to get a dog!

20. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

What a gorgeous dog! I picked huge because mastiffs are my fav dogs. i have a Yorkshire terror, who is very cute and sometimes nice, is also very obnoxious and yappy. I really like all dogs, but pugs and brussels griffin are a couple other favs.

Mastiff
    [​IMG]

Griffon
    [​IMG]