Favourite Collection Ever

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
I didn't find anything through the search engine, so here it is.... :smile:

What is your alltime favourite fashion collection - haute couture or ready-to-wear - and also tell us why :flower:

Some people already know what's mine, but for those who don't it's the fall/winter 2003-2004 Christian Dior haute couture collection....it had it all: there was colour, there was happyness, there was drama, beautifully cut clothes, amazing silhouttes, a great show with fantastic music and it produced some trends too (at least here in Holland) 'cause last fall everybody had those ballet-socks and this season everybody here has those cute ballet shoes.....

Great cutting!
100105233.jpg

A really natural silhouette
100105246.jpg

:crush:
100105270.jpg

Great colours.
100105282.jpg

Plus, the models really worked it too! :blush:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 18 2004, 10:49 AM
What a difficult question! I'll have to think long and hard. :wacko:
[snapback]337158[/snapback]​

agreed :P

I'll probably come up with something better later, but for now, I'm going to go with Alexander McQueen's spring 2003 ready-to-wear collection. I wouldn't wear most of the stuff, but I thought the concept behind the collection and the actual pieces were great. Plus, it had the oyster dress, which is one of my all-time fav dresses.

00001.L.JPG
00036.L.JPG

00042.L.JPG
00056.L.JPG

00081.L.JPG
00181.L.JPG

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Aug 22 2004, 05:23 PM

STUNNING* :shock:* :heart:

I completely agree. I loved this collection. that and mcqueen's autumn/winter 1999. a/w 1999 was absolutely gorgeous and my all-time favourite collection. everything about it was beautiful - amazing construction, textures, muted colours...and incredibly modern in a contradictory old-world way. I am also partial to the way it was presented - on ice! ^_^ :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
That McQueen collection above is amazing. I love the pirate boots, always have.

I don't know. Too many. The Stella McCartney Horses collection at Chloe-one of her first-was amazing. What year was that?? But all I can think of right now was the Spring 2004 collection at Chloe-Pheobe Philo's first-I literally did want everything. I can't think too far back right now.

I loved Marc Jacobs fall 2003 collection as well. (It's not one of my top faves, but I thought it was very cool and cutting-edge.)

00002.L.JPG
00024.L.JPG

00072.L.JPG
00095.L.JPG

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Aug 21 2004, 08:24 PM
I'll probably come up with something better later, but for now, I'm going to go with Alexander McQueen's spring 2003 ready-to-wear collection. I wouldn't wear most of the stuff, but I thought the concept behind the collection and the actual pieces were great. Plus, it had the oyster dress, which is one of my all-time fav dresses.
[snapback]341288[/snapback]​

Well... that was the first collection it came to my mind ... I really love it and is the McQueen collection that shocked me the most (because of all the colors!!!)
This collection in particular has the BEST accesories seen IMHO, and the last dress is totally worth it!!
The only thing is ... who can get away with those multicolored dresses? That was the only setback -to me- ..but gorgeous, anyway!

some favorites...

Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2001
Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2001, Fall/Winter 2002
Prada Fall/Winter 2002, Spring/Summer 2003

the ultimate is probably Prada F/W 2002

My absolute favorite collection has to be Gucci f/w 03. I loved the inspiration, trying to create a woman whose at once both strong and fragile, looking at the past through a futuristic lense, bondage combined with beauty, creating a world of emotion and mellancholly. I liked the silhouettes, dramatic, face-framing collars, nipped in corseted waists, long and narrow legs and a beautiful color palette of oil-brown, pale lilac, garnet ochre, ink. But mostly I loved the show. Transforming models into goddess-like creatures walking down a runway strewn with rose petals, embracing a romantic notion of beauty and a finale of falling petals with Sinead O'Conner's 'Nothing Compares To U" as the soundtrack......... :heart:

00061.L.JPG
00131.L.JPG

00229.L.JPG
00263.L.JPG

00084.L.JPG
00321.L.JPG

00102.L.JPG

My absolute favorite collection has to be Gucci f/w 03. I loved the inspiration, trying to create a woman whose at once both strong and fragile, looking at the past through a futuristic lense, bondage combined with beauty, creating a world of emotion and mellancholly. I liked the silhouettes, dramatic, face-framing collars, nipped in corseted waists, long and narrow legs and a beautiful color palette of oil-brown, pale lilac, garnet  ochre, ink. But mostly I loved the show. Transforming models into goddess-like creatures walking down a runway strewn with rose petals, embracing a romantic notion of beauty and a finale of falling petals with Sinead O'Conner's 'Nothing Compares To U" as the soundtrack......... :heart:

OMG :shock: I didnt even see this post. I even splurged and got the videos from firstview and they are SO worth the money. :flower: You can download the soundtrack to this colection at www.mrwilsondj.com

I have at least a few I can think of, but since it requires effort :o I'll post one by one. First is McQueen Fall 2002

00172.L.JPG

00161.L.JPG

00174.L.JPG

00191.L.JPG

00203.L.JPG

00224.L.JPG

00237.L.JPG

Junya Watanabe Spring 2002. It was a stunning collection of denim. Unfortunately I can't find many pictures. I wish Runner was here, he is good at finding images. Tidbits I found (that don't do the collection justice).

gigik07.jpg

b19_2.jpg

check out the jeans :shock:

b19_3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"