64-valentino55.jpg
4b-valentino14.jpg

5d-valentino16.jpg

I love this jacket :woot:

66-valentino24.jpg
ac-valentino26.jpg

74-valentino28.jpg
3f-valentino39.jpg

I love the Christian Dior s/s 00 Haute Couture collection...better known as the (infamous) homeless collection. In a really wierd way it came from a really romantic inspiration. I saw an interview with Galliano and they talked about it and he was saying how he was inspired by how homeless people can take something strictly out of necessity and make it fuctional as clothing, make it beautiful in it's own way. This collection got a lot of crap for a lot of reasons, epecially the fact that Galliano sent inages of poverty and insanity down a Haute Couture runway. I think that's why I like it so much, it challeges the very idea of haute couture itself while still staying true to craftsmanship.

00010.L.JPG
00063.L.JPG

00071.L.JPG
00086.L.JPG

00089.L.JPG
00098.L.JPG

Another favorite that I find incredibly inspiring is YSL s/s 03. It was so pretty and feminine and soft from afar, but then there was this subversive perverted quality to it. The flowers, tailored jackets and ruffles were a cover for the trompe l'oeil breasts, purple painted nipples and anatomical pendants. I've always loved the juxtapositions the collection showed.

00017.L.JPG
00047.L.JPG

00214.L.JPG
00235.L.JPG

00152.L.JPG
00249.L.JPG

00263.L.JPG
00272.L.JPG

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Dec 4 2004, 08:54 AM
I :heart: Valentino spring 2003
[snapback]450462[/snapback]​
Are you sure you don't just :heart: Gisele? :wink:

Originally posted by AlexN@Dec 4 2004, 06:42 PM
Are you sure you don't just :heart: Gisele? :wink:
[snapback]451002[/snapback]​

Oh stop teasing AlexN :blush: I actually liked the clothes more than her :P

why does alexander mcqueen have to be amazing?
to make it hard for the rest of us i suppose.

Jurgi Persoons A/W 02. "The Class Portrait"

What I found so fantistical about it was that it was that it was not only true to his style but there was an increased sense of exuberance and quirkiness about it. And the visual representation by having all the models wear some of their own stuff as part of the styling,spoke volumes to me by making the emphasis not about just mere looks but about individual pieces for which to mix into one's own personal style or vision.

I LOVE all of his collections but this one stuck out the most for me of any of his previous works and all designers. It was about beautiful,intricate clothes.

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 4 2004, 10:57 PM
Jurgi Persoons A/W 02. "The Class Portrait"

What I found so fantistical about it was that it was that it was not only true to his style but there was an increased sense of exuberance and quirkiness about it. And the visual representation by having all the models wear some of their own stuff as part of the styling,spoke volumes to me by making the emphasis not about just mere looks but about individual pieces for which to mix into one's own personal style or vision.

I LOVE all of his collections but this one stuck out the most for me of any of his previous works and all designers. It was about beautiful,intricate clothes.
[snapback]451236[/snapback]​
I must admit, even though I'm not familiar with Jurgi Persoons designs that's a really good idea.

And to add to my post about the YSL collection, the fact that Tom managed to make the nipple shocking again to the fashion world was pretty amazing.

for menswear, i have never gotten over the timeless understatement of the gucci fall/winter 2001 collection.

00041.L.JPG

for women, it's a little harder to find the best collection ever...i continually refer back to the fall '99 haute couture collection from jean paul gaultier...it was devilishly modern yet timeless...truly the height of luxury but accessible. i still think that jpg is the king of modern couture.

00037.L.JPG
00043.L.JPG
00001.L.JPG

I'm OBSESSED with this dress from Valentino Couture spring 2002. If I had a million dollars I would hunt it down and buy it.
00129.L.JPG
00131.L.JPG

00080.L.JPG

Hunt it down like a wild sparkly animal. And wear it to prom or something.

I also like these from the collection:
00067.L.JPG
00141.L.JPG

I know Alexander McQueen's been mentioned a lot here, but hist last collection one of the most gorgeous and innovative I've seen in a long time. It was just... SO BEAUTIFUL! :P [attachmentid=34011]

i'd say the two most recent balenciaga collections. really superb! can't pick a favorite though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->