Fendi F/W 2016.17 : Kendall Jenner by Karl Lagerfeld

she looks so bored and boring, too bad they are using it for a brand like Fendi

Hate to say this about my beyond beloved Karl, but he is DONE with fashion. He really is. He fighted so much to not be old-fashioned and irrelevant, yet now he is old-fashioned and very irrelevant... He is playing a very silly game.

UK Haper's Bazaar August 2016 Digital Edition

The second shot is not very good. The makeup is very unflattering. Hopefully the rest of the campaign is ok.

Lol what is this???
She looks like Kris in the last shot
Kris must be very proud!

Oh, look! A facial expression, wow! That's new!
This second pic is nice. At least she does not look dull and bored.

Am I imagining things or is she actually giving off an emotion?! Who would have thought she was capable of that? Perhaps we'll get a new expression next year! :lol:

I like the second pic. The photography is crisp and hair&makeup elevates her expression a lot, makes her more interesting imo.

Mall catalogue... What a waste of a great collection.

Mall catalogue... What a waste of a great collection.

I agree. That's what annoys me the most, since this collection was so good, but Karl comes up with another boring and uninspiring campaign, with a weak model.
Kendall looks pretty, so there's that. But it's not enough.

The most frustrating thing about Karl is his inconsistency as a photographer.
He has done some very simple but iconic campaigns for Fendi. Some of them were very interesting and bold but between the weird choice of models and lazy campaigns you don't know what to think of it.

How many gorgeous Fendi collections has been wasted in lackluster campaigns.
The Prefall Chanel campaign with MCB is much more interesting than this.

I'm not at all impressed with this collection to begin with, so my disappoint is not as severe. Karl problem is that his print campaigns never manage to live up to the runway presentations.

When is she going to make the move to acting :ermm:

this is baaaad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a very basic campaign. But as far as Kendall's modeling skills goes, this is pretty decent. (for Kendall's standards) She looks great and I really like this collection.

The styling is on point. Kendall actually does a good job and pulls off the androgynous look while still looking pretty... the problem is that background and the severe photoshop. Still this is an improvement for Fendi (compare to the last two seasons).

Also the campaign works better with just one model...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->