Fendi Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

Waaaay too hard and slick for Fendi. The brand used to have a soft touch of humour, but it's now gone. I wouldn't be mad if this was Givenchy. Weird fabric choices, ill-fitted tailoring, and the overplayed Roman theme (which I would love in another setting) don't help either.

The "statue" print on some of these clothes look so bad. It looks like a kid drew it

I'm actually conflicted whether this collection is worse than his couture debut or not. It's just outdated in the worst way possible, some silhouettes look as if they had been taken straight from the trashy area of the early 2010s and the colour palette is too awkward so it doesn't work at all. I guess they wanted to go for something more futuristic and Roman but the result is terribly sad.

Not to mention the "statue" prints that look like Valentino x Undercover collab.

Waaaay too hard and slick for Fendi. The brand used to have a soft touch of humour, but it's now gone. I wouldn't be mad if this was Givenchy. Weird fabric choices, ill-fitted tailoring, and the overplayed Roman theme (which I would love in another setting) don't help either.

Immediately thought of Givenchy under Tisci with this.

It’s not bad…
But what’s the point? It’s not because I loved Karl’s work but for me, Fendi HC really added something to his repertoire and in the Couture landscape. It was mostly focused on textures and fabrics…A kind of laboratoire and mostly an aesthetic slightly different from what was offered in Couture.

This looks extremely banal.
Kim Jones does not have anything to say in womenswear. I don’t see a particular point of view or aesthetic.

All I see was a line up of cute dresses. Yes the beginning was powerful in a Givenchy kind of way but there’s a lack of soul in his work.

I prefer to hate something because it’s strong and definitive than because it’s empty. And Mr Jones’s work is the definition of empty.

Where is Ralph Rucci???

According to an interview with WWD, he couldn't travel to Paris due to health reasons. He's presenting his collection as 30 sketches.

Ralph Rucci Talks Couture and Positivity – WWD

We’re going through a period with a lot of people with the fantasy, but not the proper training. The clothes and accessories either look repetitive or unqualified. Price points are high. I’m shocked.”- Ralph Rucci

Indeed. Although, Kim seems to possess neither the training nor the fantasy to be doing womenswear, let alone haute couture.

I can't stomach how badly made everything looks. One can argue whether something is tacky, tasteful, or beautiful but good tailoring (which is a bare minimum in couture) is not up for debate. Kim's designs are always so sloppy, ill fitting. The color palette and set design made this show look like some random middle eastern designer presentation. I also don't understand why there is no fur.
It has been said many times but dear lord today's models are awful. The girl who opened the show walked like Jim Carrey in one of his dumb comedy films.

Since there is no fur and she didn't show up at the end, I will believe that Silvia has nothing to do with this mess.

This collection is the opposite of modernity should look like. It's look dated, heavy and humorless. His color palette is so predictable and boring.

His use of fabrics, and the way he executing of the dresses feel unfinished and indecisive. It's like he is doubting about his choices the entire time when he created this collection.

Even if he has no experience when he started, Ricardo first couture for Givenchy is still better than this. He has a vision and purpose for womenswear. I still don't what the point of Kim when he decided to do Fendi.

This looks extremely banal.
Kim Jones does not have anything to say in womenswear. I don’t see a particular point of view or aesthetic.

He doesn’t have anything to say in menswear either. He is the definition of mediocrity always relying on others, whether a streetwear brand, a hyped rapper, or a House's superior atelier to carry him, in every sense. With Dior Men, it's the atelier’s studied tailoring for the suits and coats. Here… how many times has every single silhouette that’s shown, already has been done by countless brands? And it's Fendi's embroidery holding the generic designs together.

Since there is no fur and she didn't show up at the end, I will believe that Silvia has nothing to do with this mess.

This collection is the opposite of modernity should look like. It's look dated, heavy and humorless. His color palette is so predictable and boring.

His use of fabrics, and the way he executing of the dresses feel unfinished and indecisive. It's like he is doubting about his choices the entire time when he created this collection.

Even if he has no experience when he started, Ricardo first couture for Givenchy is still better than this. He has a vision and purpose for womenswear. I still don't what the point of Kim when he decided to do Fendi.
Riccardo was already a gifted designer when he started at Givenchy. I mean he presented one collection, caught the eyes of Carine and it was done. As you said he had a vision but most of all, he knew the construction (because the standards for a designer were different back then and it was impressive given what he did alone).

That’s why I keep my eyes on Charles de Villemorin. He is gifted.

Kim Jones’s accomplishment was his commercial success. It’s like Hedi.
Hedi is a genius stylist but let’s be honest, he did womenswear because of the commercial success of his menswear. At least he has a vision…
But the results are far removed from what people said when he left Dior or even before he started YSL.

I loved it! I think this was his best collection for Fendi! Can't wait to see what he does next!

Still not convinced by his womenswear. He is a great mens designer, but I am sorry LVMH, nobody actually cares about Kim Jones.

? gifted with a trust fund maybe
Yes but that’s not an issue for me… And i don’t come from a privileged background at all. I don’t know why people think that there should be a social justice kind of thing everywhere…
What are we judging? Talent? He has some…

He is privileged? Ok then…
There are plenty of designers who started with nothing, who had talent and who made it.

There are a lot of people in the fashion industry who didn’t have anything to offer than a name or a connection.

YSL, Karl, Givenchy, Dior, Alaia among others grew up in privileged environment. That doesn’t discredit their talent…

The good thing about fashion is that there’s a plate for everyone…

I only respect two things: talent and hardwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->