Fendi S/S 11 Milan

I don't like this. I've never liked the floaty, over-sized summer look going on here.

im sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but i wont say it's a nice collection. a few years ago (2-3), Fendi was trying new things and it was a success. now we're back to borring, not even back to basics...colors we already saw, materials and outlines we already saw a billions time...

what's that music at around 0:45? i hear it all the time..

it was used in another show at NYFW

Last edited by a moderator:
From WWD-

“Fendi is the burning summer of passion,” read the adorably earnest, questionably translated show notes. A burnt paper backdrop and the blush-worthy heavy panting on the soundtrack were an attempt to illustrate the theme, but it was all just a tease. Sex appeal was beside the point of this collection, which was really very PG.

Rather it was full of easy daywear, most channeling a languid, Seventies mood, made with extraordinary craftsmanship — more than met the eye. So, while the opening looks — a white, off-shoulder linen peasant dress and a poet blouse featuring a burnout print — looked like literal interpretations of summer heat, the message Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Fendi intended was a play on structure and lightness. “When you burn something out or wear something many times it becomes very light but maintains structure,” Fendi said before the show. More contrasts came in lantern sleeves on roomy, long shirtdresses and blouses that buttoned up the arm, bold colors — purple, turquoise, red and peach — on soft fabrics, and the seemingly simple, delicate dots and multicolor patterns that were actually highly engineered fabrics, the former, a rubberized print, the latter, superfine strips of leather intricately woven into a skirt.

If those flaunted the house’s history of advanced techniques with textiles and skins, the accessories — bags, specifically — were a reverent example of old-fashioned Italian savoir faire. They came in classic, ladylike shapes, mostly square with a hard frame, many done in colorful strips of shiny eel, or soft leather contrasted with slick, hard croc, each one distinctive and fabulous. One amazing style was made of several different, colorful leathers, a time-consuming process to assemble. “If you use 10 different leathers, you wait for 10 different factories to deliver them,” said Fendi. “It’s not an industrialized process.”

If Stella or Marc put out this collection, it would be- "Genius!! Soft and Feminine!! Retro chic- they know how to design for a real woman!!Brilliant!!" :rolleyes:
:lol: Welcome to the world of today's fashion scene.

Oooh I feel really nostalgic after seeing this. It reminds me of early 00s work.

i agree. back in those days, the accessories took the forefront and this collection did exactly that. the clothes weren't horrible just timeless and classic. not the type of stuff to get the blood pumping in the blogosphere, but the accessories featured in this collection should re-assert fendi as the house of "it" bags and "it" shoes once again.

also, those sunglasses are not to be overlooked.

00120h.jpg

style.it

first thing i thought was messy.. there is no luxury, looks cheap :( bad karl.

I actually like looking at some of the shoes -- not the big bulky platform monstrosities but the regular strapped heels. They're like a modern take on late-70s style heels.

Interesting print on the white dresses at the beginning. Did the inspiration for the print come from looking at a burnt piece of paper or something? :unsure:

oh WOW, i love all of this !!!!!! what a wonderful summer collection!!! my favorite Milan collection so far, definitely!

I'm not feeling this. I think previous fendi shows have been mich better

I'm among those who loved this collection.

The cuts, the fabrics, the volume in silhouettes, the styling, the magnificent accessories, everything really, exudes a sense of abundance, wealth, glamour, so much in contrast to the expected bling bling ways, and so much in a way of laid back, easy life bliss.

any close ups on the shoes?...
they are nothing short of BRILLIANT!

* thank god we are seeing more and more alternatives to the sky high platforms that have dominated runways for so long...
they might be fun...but they are not realistic!
these are BOTH!

:clap:

*feeling like this is a collection designed mostly for women who wear the same size as silvia fendi...
lots of volume and peplums etc...
not much that a petite woman can carry off..
at least not the way it's styled here, with volume on both top and bottom...
a smaller woman would be swallowed up by some of those voluminous tops with the giant sleeves...
* kind of a switch for kaiser karl....!
^_^

the pants intrigue me...the way they sort of pinch in at the ankle...
would love to see how that is constructed...
i think i spotted a drawstring waist on them...
sort of like a tailored sweatpant...
pretty cool...
very cute and chic and a nice little something special and modern for what would otherwise be a very classic style...
nice one...

I really love this colllection! It feels very breezy and perfect for Summer. I'm really into the combination of blues and whites that is done here....it creates such a calm atmosphere, love it. The pants and the skirts are just fantastic. Usually, Fendi doesn't really move me, but this one I really like. And I love the hair and make-up as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->