Fendi S/S 2019 Milan

probably his worst fendi collection in a while. the styling is a nightmare and most looks / pieces are downright ugly

I have a love/hate feeling about this collection. I like the clothes on their own. They are very Karl (graphic, architectural). It still has the bourgeois touch of Fendi and the color palette is strong.

I’m tired of seeing plastic and logos but I think that here it’s done in a more clever way. The logo leather tone-on-tone skirts are beautiful and the leather trim is a good way to elevate the plastic. And at least this time, the prices will be justified compared to the plastic thing at Chanel.

I hate the styling. Charlotte killed the silhouettes with the abundance of bags. Remove the bumbags, the belt bags and the silhouettes are much more appealing.

Cargos pockets seems to be the gimmick of this collection. We don’t need to have big bags with cargos pockets on top of that.
I think Karl’s clothes are strong on their own and didn’t need that.
Beautiful furs and shoes tho...

The styling is such an eyesore especially with the crowded runway. You can't focus on a thing!

I liked some of the bags, however.

amazing, the orange is sooooo good !

i love the start apart from the plastic that feels a bit over now

:heart::heart:

Fendi is the most important thing happening in Milan now IMO. I still obsessed with FW collection and I will be for while.

This collection is almost ridiculous because is too good! I wanna try some of coats on me, especially this one.
Again, very market wise and fashion at the same time. Fendi logo's is my favorite right now.

They should just cancel the menswear because that close to this is embarrassing.

Found it extremely luxurious! Although I echo everyone else's complaints regarding the styling, it doesn't weigh the collection down to me as much! Some of the fabrics and prints are just so expensive-looking (albeit the awful styling)!

I like this collection , not the best but it's ok. I don't like the styling ,as example a look in white/olive , before the olive looks , seems to be second section. . Belt bags and more one belt bag across body and handbag.
Fendi remaked their old logo print and now they literally put it everywhere on every single item but i like,i simply like this vintage Fendi logo/monogram print.

Fendi really is what Prada used to be. The brand is able to demonstrate what subversive styling should be done. The amount of bags, especially fanny packs, may seem excessive, but here I feel like they became one with the clothes, it's as if they're part of a coat, jacket, or dress' embellishment. I also love how those bags are both mimicked by and transmogrified into pockets on the aforementioned clothing items (e.g. the ubiquity of giant pockets, be it on a clear plastic raincoat, taking over a blouse's bodice, or puffing up the hips of a leather dress).

I could do without the patterned looks because they sort of ruined the flow and cohesiveness of the show. But overall, Karl and Silvia showed that quirky clothing can be done in the most refined way with this show.

I agree with fellow tfsers who reckon that the clothes themselves are great and true Karl but the excessive adding on of the bags...seemingly everywhere around and on the models detracts from each look. I look at the pictures and I think it's a lively and cohesive collection, without having to resort to every colour of the rainbow to achieve that feeling.

Beginning with the clear trenches and leather is fantastic, end is luxe as ever (particularly the coat on Anna, although I don't really condone real fur), but everything else in the middle was either a bit dull or gimmicky. Still, probably better than most this season yet not on the level of this Winter's output.

Each and every Fendi collection leaves me wondering whether this is done by the same man who goes through the motions for Chanel!?! How is it that Karl toes such an interesting line between the codes of Fendi and staying attuned to the contemporary streetstyle craze? I like it. Just like I like the meeting of two sensibilities. There are quite a few looks which you'll be seeing on Nicki Minaj and Kim Kardashian, some for the power business woman, and loads for the more younger consumer. Mad about the literal summer looks and his ftake on prints. Do wish he'd banish plastic out of his mind forever! It's cheap, and in our current social scope, absolutely unnecessary to see it paraded on a runway.

Nobody does color blocking like Karl at Fendi, the color palette is so classy, those lady-like looks with the logo skirts have this slight sportswear influence that makes them very current. The ensembles on Kris, Kaia and Fran for example, were just stunning, that buttery leather is just what dreams are made of, textbook luxury for me.

Bag overload on some looks but this was the best Milan had to offer.

Loïc Prigent uploaded a mini-doc on this collection for the upcoming Met Gala.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->