Fetish Shoes Vs Fashion Shoes

... or nothing at all :innocent:

Ok. I'm sorry but... What's the difference [between Fashion and Fetish shoes]?

are you joking? What makes them even remotely similar? Because they go on your feet?

Fetish shoes are meant to *DUH* fulfill a fantasy, excite someone for specific purpose. They are usually made of some sort of pleather, patent leather or cheap leather. They are "shoes" with a very tall heel.

Fashion shoes can be inventive, funny, printed, with a not easily replicated heel. They can be made of anything from grade A leathers and suede to printed silks, satins, cottons... Their 'purpose' is to make a statement, add to an ensemble, be fashion forward... not to make some guy come in his pants. :innocent:

unless you are wearing versace.

... or nothing at all :innocent:
Ok. I'm sorry but... What's the difference [between Fashion and Fetish shoes]?

are you joking? What makes them even remotely similar? Because they go on your feet?

Fetish shoes are meant to *DUH* fulfill a fantasy, excite someone for specific purpose. They are usually made of some sort of pleather, patent leather or cheap leather. They are "shoes" with a very tall heel.

This shows how much (or little) you know. A lot of fetish heels are made from high quality leathers and real patent leathers (not plastic).

Besides, there is nothing in the definition of the word "fetish" that requires the shoes to be made of said materials or having a very high heel, some people have a fetish for kitten heels or sneakers. Some people have a fetish for suede.

The "extreme-heel-patent/plastic" look is just the mainstreams peception of what constitutes the concept of "fetish".

And, depending on how you define the word, all girls and boys on this board you just "love" shoes of different styles can be said to have a shoe fetish. Perhaps not in the Freudian sense, but in the Marxist sense (Valerie Steele talks about this).

Fashion shoes can be inventive, funny, printed, with a not easily replicated heel.
not easily replicated = ugly

They can be made of anything from grade A leathers and suede to printed silks, satins, cottons... Their 'purpose' is to make a statement,
And fetish heels don't make a statment?
add to an ensemble,
What classy ensemble wouldn't gain from being added with these beautiful boots?
valentine.jpg

be fashion forward... not to make some guy come in his pants. :innocent:
Well, guys (and girls) can get turned on by most types of shoes, so how can you be so sure about your "fashion" shoes?

I can't wear them without looking like a street walker. No matter what I pair them with, they still look cheap. So, personally, they don't have room in my closet.

You can defend them all you like Dego. Wear the 6 inch heels to work, its not my buisness.

ballet12.jpg

vs.
00070f.jpg

I know which I prefer anyday of the week.

Ocean I completely agree with you.

Dego, it's all a matter of opinion... You might think classy is that ballet shoe thing... however, the more mainstream version of classy is not even close to that extreme.

And yes, I'm not saying that fetish shoes are made of cheap things. My friend in class does all fetish shoes when he makes his accessories.. He makes them of suede and kidskin.. they are all high quality materials. Some even laser-cut leathers. The shoes themselves are high quality. Here are a pair of "fetish" shoes he made 2 years ago for our show.
7.jpg

They are just not my tastes AT ALL, and not my definition of classy.

Most of them do tend to look "street-walker".

And as for you opinion with "not easily-replicated heels being ugly"... that just further proves that it's all a personal feeling when it comes to subjects such as this.

Where's Suzi-stiltz!

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Sep 30 2004, 07:30 PM
00070f.jpg

I know which I prefer anyday of the week.
So, you don't think those shoes are the least bit sexy?
I'm not saying that you have to like them (the ones you call fetish shoes), I just get annoyed when people use condescending words when describing/commenting them. Maybe I should start writing "frumpy granny shoes" or "birth control shoes" in every tread here when people post (boring, ugly) shoes that I don't like (And that would be alot of them..)? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 1 2004, 02:15 PM
So, you don't think those shoes are the least bit sexy?
I'm not saying that you have to like them (the ones you call fetish shoes), I just get annoyed when people use condescending words when describing/commenting them. Maybe I should start writing "frumpy granny shoes" or "birth control shoes" in every tread here when people post (boring, ugly) shoes that I don't like (And that would be alot of them..)? :rolleyes:
[snapback]381924[/snapback]​

Those shoes are deffinitely sexy, but they are also classy and subtle. That's what separates them from the shoes you posted, Dego. At least in my oppinion...

Originally posted by luna@Oct 1 2004, 01:25 AM

Dego, it's all a matter of opinion... You might think classy is that ballet shoe thing... however, the more mainstream version of classy is not even close to that extreme.
Why do you have to bring up the extremes? I have not in ONE post here written that I think ballet heels are classy. Ballet heels are fun, and mostly for bedroom wear, although some have made attempts at wearing them as everyday shoes..

Take these an example instead:
Z7bkm3.jpg

Coupled with the right outfit, I think they'd be very classy.

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 1 2004, 02:28 PM
Why do you have to bring up the extremes? I have not in ONE post here written that I think ballet heels are classy. Ballet heels are fun, and mostly for bedroom wear, although some have made attempts at wearing them as everyday shoes..

Take these an example instead:
Z7bkm3.jpg

Coupled with the right outfit, I think they'd be very classy.
[snapback]381930[/snapback]​

IMO, the only way those boots could be classy is if you cut away the heel...

And no, I'm not bringing up the extremes. You didn't rank the shoes you posted in matter of "classy-ness" and neither have I. You seem to like all of them, while I happen to not like any of them. But to each their own, of course... :flower:

Sorry, I didn't notice that you reply was for luna. But I keep what I said, anyway... :flower:

Originally posted by oanadobre@Oct 1 2004, 01:37 PM
IMO, the only way those boots could be classy is if you cut away the heel...
I have a real hard time understanding this, and I'm really curious about it, what is it about a few inches of heel that can make a shoe or boot "un-classy"? :huh:

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 1 2004, 02:43 PM
I have a real hard time understanding this, and I'm really curious about it, what is it about a few inches of heel that can make a shoe or boot "un-classy"? :huh:
[snapback]381936[/snapback]​

I won't take the time to explain to you, because it is obvious that we have different points of view. I respect your opinion, although I will never agree with it...

I really like those last boots Dego posted. Though, of course, I couldn't wear them myself, I think they are very cool, and I can see somebody with the right punkish, hardcore style wearing them and looking really tough!

I do have some stripey tights exactly like those, however. They RULE.

may the force be with us... fetish shoes are def not for me and i think they dont look good on ANYONE.. really i mean it. :unsure:

somehow i cant see a beautiful gucci gown or a chanel suit with any of the shoes you posted Dego, and that would be my opinion of classy clothing. I have yet to see what you define as class when talking about fetish shoes, although i respect your opinion. :innocent:

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 1 2004, 06:43 AM
[snapback]381936[/snapback]​
Because that's the way typical modern society thinks. Very high heels are often associated with strippers and prostitutes.

Originally posted by AlexN@Oct 1 2004, 09:41 PM
Because that's the way typical modern society thinks. Very high heels are often associated with strippers and prostitutes.

And why should this prejudice be accepted and promoted?

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 1 2004, 04:03 PM
[snapback]382329[/snapback]​

It's not predjudice!! very high heels are associated with strippers and prostitutes because <gasp> it's what they wear!! not *all* very high heels are associated with strippers, etc., but generally when you see any of the shoes you've posted, very very similar styles are also on 'fetish' shoe sites and are paired with little maid costumes or fishnets.

when was the last time any of you saw someone wearing 8" heels who wasn't a) a stripper/dancer/prostitute B) part of a p*rn production or c) in the bedroom??

i'm going to keep on being prejudice against 7" heels and tacky fetish shoes, until they (meaning the shoes) can show me they're anything BUT trampy

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 1 2004, 03:03 PM
[snapback]382329[/snapback]​
I didn't say it should, but that's just how things are right now. Unless you plan to start a revolution, you'll have to accept and live with it, or just ignore it completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->