Films With Style

Originally posted by coconut@Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:12 pm
i think Fassbinder is a great grown-up choice revealing Marc's other side.
i so agree :flower:

Igni* Martin Margiela would be such a great pairing with a showing of "Breathless" or anything of Godard,really. I often feel as if MM is the Godard of fashion. :heart:

C*,you're too funny :lol:

My vote is for Eve's Bayou and American indie film from the mid-90s. Also Houseboat, Sophia Loren-Cary Grant movie from the 50s.

Catherine Deneuve in Bunuel's ' Belle de Jour ' , dressed by Yves Saint Laurent . :heart:

Helmut Berger in ' The mysterious Englishwoman ' as he is also dressed by Yves Saint Laurent . :heart:

KIT B)

Originally posted by kit@Mar 16th, 2004 - 11:09 am
Catherine Deneuve in Bunuel's ' Belle de Jour ' , dressed by Yves Saint Laurent . :heart:

Helmut Berger in ' The mysterious Englishwoman ' as he is also dressed by Yves Saint Laurent . :heart:

KIT B)
:heart:

not familiar with the second film...must do research...

Bunuel's "Belle de jour"
Godard's "Breathless"
Resnais' "Last year at Marienbad" and "Hiroshima mon Amour"

and now, the report from Michael Kors' "Shampoo" screening :flower:

from wwd :

It’s not every day you walk into a movie theater to see Behnaz Sarafpour, Frédéric Fekkai, Amanda Brooks, John Idol, Arie and Coco Kopelman and assorted Gubelmanns filling the rows. (Carson Kressley asked Marjorie Gubelmann if she was an heiress to the “Google” fortune.) And this was for the second screening of the night, that of the 1975 film “Shampoo,” which starred Warren Beatty as a romanticizing hairdresser. It was also the debut of the Grand Classics Films With Style series on Tuesday at Soho House, where Michael Kors and Vogue’s Hamish Bowles introduced the film that played a big part in inspiring Kors’ fall collection.

“‘Shampoo’ is about style and sex, and those are two things that never go out of style,” Kors said.

The event, a benefit for the American Film Institute, was the launch of a series of films that have influenced designers. But, according to Andrew Saffir, executive director of the series, fashion played as much a role on the films themselves.

Having spoken earlier in the day to Goldie Hawn, who also appears in the film, Saffir related her remarks to the audience, quoting: “One of my hottest memories was not about the fabulous sexual energy of Warren Beatty. It was the scene where I was wearing a Mongolian wool coat.”

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:30 am
and now, the report from Michael Kors' "Shampoo" screening :flower:

from wwd :

It’s not every day you walk into a movie theater to see Behnaz Sarafpour, Frédéric Fekkai, Amanda Brooks, John Idol, Arie and Coco Kopelman and assorted Gubelmanns filling the rows. (Carson Kressley asked Marjorie Gubelmann if she was an heiress to the “Google” fortune.) And this was for the second screening of the night, that of the 1975 film “Shampoo,” which starred Warren Beatty as a romanticizing hairdresser. It was also the debut of the Grand Classics Films With Style series on Tuesday at Soho House, where Michael Kors and Vogue’s Hamish Bowles introduced the film that played a big part in inspiring Kors’ fall collection.

“‘Shampoo’ is about style and sex, and those are two things that never go out of style,” Kors said.

The event, a benefit for the American Film Institute, was the launch of a series of films that have influenced designers. But, according to Andrew Saffir, executive director of the series, fashion played as much a role on the films themselves.

Having spoken earlier in the day to Goldie Hawn, who also appears in the film, Saffir related her remarks to the audience, quoting: “One of my hottest memories was not about the fabulous sexual energy of Warren Beatty. It was the scene where I was wearing a Mongolian wool coat.”
thanks for the follow-up, lena :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->