Financial Times monthly supplement : How to Spend It

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Times

How to Spend It magazine is a monthly magazine that is usually published with the Financial Times Weekend Edition. The glossy large magazine has won the hearts of many Weekend Edition subscribers, with its high detail on the latest in the glitz and glamour of the high-life. Its articles concern mostly high-quality products (e.g., yachts, mansions, apartments, designs, horlogerie, haute couture, automobiles), as well as fashion advice and columns by important individuals in the arts, gardening, food, and hotel and travel industries. It has regularly themed issues, such as "Travelling Unravelled", "A Passion for Fashion", "Superior Interiors", and its annual "Christmas Unwrapped". How to Spend It has won numerous prizes for being the best newspaper supplement of the year.

Does anybody else read this supplement ? It comes out monthly along with either a Friday or Saturday FT.. I only get weekday-FT so it's always a treat when it's added to the Friday issue.

It's not stocked with editorials like 'regular' fashion mags.. however there's usually one..

September 2008 issue #205
Editorial : Her Dark Materials
Photographers: Carl Bengtsson
Stylist : Damian Foxe
Hair: Sebastian Le Coroller
Make-up : Denise Rabor
Model : Elianne Smit - WW Models

fthtsi205sep0804sa8.jpg

fthtsi205sep0805ym5.jpg

fthtsi205sep0806wx7.jpg

all images www.ft.com

Last edited by a moderator:
August 2008 ssue #204
Editorial : The Futureheads
Photographers: Chris Dunlop
Stylist : Marcella Martinelli
Hair: Piero at DWM
Make-up : Andrea Sheehan
Model : Olga Serova - Select

fthtsi204aug08coverym8.jpg

all images www.ft.com

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i have a special weekend subscription just to collect this supplement. i love the articles and editorials.

My grandparents get the FT so I look at How To Spend It whenever I'm at theirs. The magazine has been really helpful to me over the course of my design and art direction degree. Whatever project I was doing it always seemed to turn up with a really good, in depth article on the same topic e.g. project Red, organic products, ethical fashion (and none of my classmates read the thing so it gave me an advantage!)

Yes, I kept a cover from years ago, it was a super-close shot of a tiger's face (the inside story was about posh safaris), it was such an arresting image.

I love this magazine! I read it online every month :smile: They have such great fashion editorials and although I could never afford the travel destinations they feature, its so fun to look at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaanok
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->