Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Versus_1, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Niusity

Niusity New Member

My favorite would be Color Riche Buttoned-Up Red. It's matte and fits really well my pale skin.

2. Jungla_Juana

Jungla_Juana technicolor tweed

I use MAC's Russian Red and it works amazingly on my olive skintone.

A good friend of mine is obsessed with finding the lipstick Prada SA's use... she's been to about 3 boutiques here in Italy and says that it looks amazing on every skin tone but apparently they've been sworn to secrecy. Some have told her that it is actually given to them by management!

Does anyone know what this mysterious lipstick is?? my curiousity is piqued!

3. solg

solg meet the press

Revlon in 'Fire & Ice' is one of my favorites. It has been around for a long while, so it should definitely flatter a lot of skintones.

4. barbaraaa

barbaraaa Member

Revlon Cherries in the Snow is perfect on me... it's more of a very dark raspberry pink, almost red.

5. Milada

Milada Member

My holy grail red is MAC's Cockney, which is very similar to Ladybug. It's the red for people who feel they can't pull off red (i.e. people like me).

For a matte option, I've found NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam very wearable.

6. embellished

embellished New Member

I second this - "Fire and Ice" is an amazing universally flattering shade, it also reminds me of game of thrones!

I also love Revlons "Strawberry Suede" and as has been mentioned MACs "Russian Red" for evenings.

7. supermodel

supermodel Active Member

anyone know which red lipstick would give me a similar colour to what taylor is wearing?
    [​IMG]
    [ontd]