Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

Monica looks good with red lipstick as well, nice shade...

I got Mac Ruby Woo today & Im madly in LOOOOOOOOOVE with it!! Im going to live in it for a while anyways hee hee. Thanks so much for telling me about it Alejandro. :flower:
Somewhere I read that Rimmel's Diva Red pencil goes well with it so Im going to get that soon too.

Tiffany7 said:
I got Mac Ruby Woo today & Im madly in LOOOOOOOOOVE with it!! Im going to live in it for a while anyways hee hee. Thanks so much for telling me about it Alejandro. :flower:
Somewhere I read that Rimmel's Diva Red pencil goes well with it so Im going to get that soon too.

Tiffany I got dark olive skin/ tanned and i fear using red lipstick or red gloss....does it look odd or out of place? I always thought dark red looks great on pale skin cause it brings out the colour of the skin, but how does it look on yours...just curious....

Dulcisima said:
Tiffany I got dark olive skin/ tanned and i fear using red lipstick or red gloss....does it look odd or out of place? I always thought dark red looks great on pale skin cause it brings out the colour of the skin, but how does it look on yours...just curious....

I have dark hair & eyes but my skin is pretty pale. Im not sure how this color would look on olive skin. Its a blue red if that helps & its not really dark more bright I think it might look a little darker in photos because its matte.

All red lipstick brings out the red in my skin. My sister has pale olive skin though and she looks great. She only wears true red.

l'oreal target red is supposed to be a true red.
i havent found it at my local target yet.
its a limited edition shade.
its supposed to match the target bullseye logo.

^I saw it at Target the other day, but I didn't get it. It looked a bit too orange for me.

I tried both MAC Red and Russian Red lipsticks the other day, and I found MAC Red to be much better for my fair skin. So I bought it, and I love it. :woot:

lucy92 said:
l'oreal target red is supposed to be a true red.
i havent found it at my local target yet.
its a limited edition shade.
its supposed to match the target bullseye logo.
I bought it! It's really a nice true red. Not orangey. I look sh*t in corally peachy tones and it looks good on me. And it does make your teeth look whiter so it definitely does not have orange tones in it. Cheap and simple. I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stila lipstick in Lara...

I love this shade...it's a darkish berry red with blue undertones that somehow goes well with my yellow Asian skin tone!

Does anyone have any suggestions for really dark lipsticks?

I'm begining to greatly prefer them over lighter colors. I got NARS Shanghai Express today--if you just put on a little, it looks light red, but if you lather it on it looks much darker. :Wub: But I would still like something deeper, and more wine colored.

pavement said:
Does anyone have any suggestions for really dark lipsticks?

I'm begining to greatly prefer them over lighter colors. I got NARS Shanghai Express today--if you just put on a little, it looks light red, but if you lather it on it looks much darker. :Wub: But I would still like something deeper, and more wine colored.

Philosophy's Word of Mouth Lipstick in "Graduation." It's an elegant, dark, classic color reminiscent of the 1940's era and the glamorous movie stars. Amazon.com has it in stock. I'm on my third tube. It has great staying power and one application lasts a long time.

In the tube it looks very dark, however you can put it on as light or heavy as you'd like. There are no blue undertones and it will not turn fuchsia.

I believe this will fit your criteria for both darkness and the color you would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa314 said:
Philosophy's Word of Mouth Lipstick in "Graduation." It's an elegant, dark, classic color reminiscent of the 1940's era and the glamorous movie stars...

Is the picture on Amazon a good representation of the real thing? The picture looks pretty light to me.

Salvation looks really very luscious to me. ..but that's more wine, and this is a red lipstick thread. :innocent:

Red lipstick is my thing, has been since I was old enough to wear it. I don't do heavy eye makeup at all but I do like my red lipsticks.

I have and like:

MAC Russian Red- just recently bought this after wanting it for ages, and it's everything I wanted in a red lipstick and more. It's blue-red on me.

Chanel Hydrabase 22 Rouge Star- was originally my sister's but she gave it to me. A very nice, medium neutral red.

MAC Powerhouse- discontinued I think (I bought it four years ago and it still looks brand new). It is BRIGHT. A loud orangey-red.

MAC New York Apple- it's not a vibrant red - more like a slightly frosty raspberry - but works well with red lipliner underneath for night or can be worn more subtly during the day.

For reference, I have fair-to-medium slightly pink-toned skin that tans easily, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

pavement said:
Is the picture on Amazon a good representation of the real thing? The picture looks pretty light to me.

Salvation looks really very luscious to me. ..but that's more wine, and this is a red lipstick thread. :innocent:

No...it is not a good representation of the color unfortunately. Colors on computers are dependant on so many different factors. It's a lot darker than the sample showed. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it and it is not a garish look at all. It's worth a try IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->