Who Was The First Model You Liked?

cintia dicker - probably on here or in teen vogue. omg. ^_^

i always sort of liked models and eh but i really got interested in them and the fashion industry more in depth after the gucci gothic advertisements. i fell in love with natalia vodianova and then with that alice and wonderland editorial became a sucker. the funny thing is that eugenia volodina, who is probably my new favorite, was in those advertisements with natalia and i completely over looked her and didn't think she was as deserving as natalia. or not necessarily as deserving i was just disappointed when i opened a magazine and she was the one in the ads and not natalia. i thought natalia should have been in all of them.

Christy Turlington

I've adored this woman ever since I saw her in the pages of some random magazine; she just mixes womanly sophistication and youthful energy together so effortlessly. She always seems like a really elegant woman inside and out, though she doesn't have the versatility and edginess of younger models :smile:

Christy_Turlington.jpg

:unsure: The first model i feel in love with was a versace model... i met him in a nightclub... i was so arrogant thinking he knew nothing about fashion... he had a $60,000 watch it was really amazing... he looked like a hotter version of eric brady rom days of our lives....

About 4-5 yrs ago- waiting in line at supermarket- picked up vogue-decided to buy it- Saw An oost in there, & it was something interesting & different- then on Ftv I saw her Model thing- & Delfine's, Erin W's, & Jacquetta's, It started from there -

first model that i ever fell in love with... thats a toughie. i grew up with fashion magazines all around me (i have an older sister of 6 years) so i think i grew up around fashion models and the like. but falling in love, the first i REMEMBER would have to be kate moss. it was the end of her "era" in terms of being EVERYWHERE, but i loved her. and then gisele pre-overexposure.. then carmen kass.. no one for awhile. then came julia, hana, and daria. and now, GEMMA! i just love models. :blush:

oh my goodness!! how could i have forgotten!!! Erin Wasson and Jacquetta Wheeler were big for me in the beginning too. oh boy, i'm sure there were some more that are slipping my mind...

I was really bored and decided to buy a magazine. I had already purchased all the other magazines at the store:blush: so I was *forced* to pick up Teen Vogue. Suprisingly, I really liked it, I was flipping thru the pages and came upon this ethereal looking creature and was so taken back, I was just kind of in a trance for a minute or two. Anyways her name was Gemma Ward and they did an article on her. Months later, (thanks to that mag) I was flipping thru Elle Canada and my eyes stopped on none other than Gemma. I suddenly bewcame very interested in her and since then have LOVED her.:heart: :heart: :heart:

Changuito Ponc said:
My mom took away a magazine of one of her students, it was a latin Cosmopolitan... then at home i grab to waste some time a boring afternoon, there was a collections spread, lots of runway pics... and there she was:woot: , in a Valentino red dress, the most beutiful human being ive ever seen in my whole life, such a perfect creature with gogeous face... and thats how i fell in LOVE(and still am) with Alek Wek:flower:

this isn't alek wek. it's clara benjamin.

Shaun DeWet`s Ad for Boss (F/W 03/04) hanging at the Busstop in front of my house - love on first sight! :heart:

first fell in :heart: with Mariacarla and Natalia V.
but now it's Dovile:D

Elise... i was reading the Face magazine, one pic of her totally blew me away :blush:
and that was the first time i so wanted to know who that stunning girl was in the magazine...

The first models i realy liked were Milla Jovovich and Helena Christensen,I first saw them first i think in magazines and have been in love ever since.

I'm newer to the fashion world than most of you but...

...back when I watched MTV, I noticed this really cool tough chick during one of the Fashionably Loud shows. She really stood out because I could care less about models at the time. But I didn't know her name. Then years later I saw a backstage picture and noticed it was the same girl. That's when I found out her name was Omahyra.

From there I started watching the shows to see her walk, then I stumbled into The Fashion Spot. But since Omahyra doesn't seem to work as much these days, I've added Amanda Moore, Erin W, Diana Dondoe, Isabeli to the list of favs. And on the all time list, Gia Carangi was fabulous.

:blush: I can still remember the day as vividly as if it occured yesterday.
I stumbled upon the Gianni Versace Show during fashion Week in Milano, on T.V.
There were tons of models on the runway, all adorn in stunning and breathtaking dresses, but then my breath stopped when I saw the most amazing, beautiful, and maginificant face, presence and body on the runway.......Cindy Crawford. She looked like a goddess.....so surreal, timeless, and astounding. I regard her as the first supermodel, and she was the one who really got me interested and involved in fashion, designers, and models.
It would still be an honor for me to be able to meet her, and thank her :wink:

Carmen Kass on her model profile on fashion file or something like that. I never liked anyone else until I saw Angela's Dior hardcore ads. Now I love Carmen, Angela, Ai, and Kate.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was 14 I bought a (I think it was) German Elle and there was an editorial with Milla Jovovich. It was a grey-ish, spacelike story, and she was soo beautiful :heart: I couldn't believe she was only about a month older than me. I liked fashion and models before, but that was the first model that really struck me.

Soon after that I discoverd Kate Moss (that picture of her in black stockings and Viv Westwood heels in a bathroom :heart:) and she became my favorite model. I don't like Milla that much anymore, but I still feel the amazement when I think about that first editorial I saw.

Julien :smile:

Hey Guys - my first post here :D The first model I fell in love with? Julien Hedquist. Back when I knew nothing about fashion haha. Now I work in fashion. I think he is an amazing model - so unique. Has the most amazing eyes hmmmmmmmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"