Who Was The First Model You Liked?

According to my mother, I loved Naomi Campbell when I was little. Now, at 17, that love remains. :wub:

The very first one was obviously Carmen.. I believe I was 8-9 years old then. But my second love was Gemma Ward, I saw her on that Australian model search TV show, she didn't even make it to the show but they showed her briefly and I fell in love immediately and even had my hair cut like she had back then (it was probably in 2003).^_^

Mines Karolina kurkova, i came across the VSFS a few years ago by accident on youtube and the first ever segment i watched was the 2006 'Come fly with me' And i fell in love with her as soon as she walked out and when her shoe came off and she carried on like 'Oh did my shoe come of? i didnt even notice'. That was the segment that got me hooked on fashion and VS and from then on i fell in love with Gisele, Coco and Natasha as well.

I always knew of Tyra and Naomi (she was always in the British press) but i never really liked them that much...

I fell for the 90's powerpack although, thesedays, my tastes have changed somewhat.

Probably Carmen Kass in the Dior J'adore commercial, and then Eugenia Volodina around 2007-2008.

Kate Moss.
No other model represented youth like her. Before, the canon of beauty was exclusively the model goddess acting in soft erotica films. Kate Moss just looked like us teens. She was brilliant. I loved her.
Those Obsession ads made me fall for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was like 15/16 when I saw Emina Cunmulaj in a John Frieda hair commercial. I had to figure out who she was. After digging super hard on the internet (2005/2006) I found her. That lead to love love of models, and eventually fashion. Thanks Emina <3

Gisele. She's the reason why I started liking/my interested in models.

I was 12 when ANTM Cycle 8 came out and (at the time) I was particularly fond of Renee, the third place contestant. I was Googling pictures of her one day when I found a blog post which described her as a "low rent Jessica Stam" and featured a side by side comparison, using a runway close-up of Stam from Cavalli S/S 07. I remember being totally mystified by those eyes and quickly became obsessed, watching all of her Model Talks videos and runway compilations on YouTube and finding her thread here on TFS. At the same time, the May 2007 issue of Vogue with the "World's Next Top Models" was coming out, where my love of Stam then introduced me to Hilary Rhoda and Sasha P, my other two early model obsessions.

weirdly the 1st I remember really liking with Emina Cunmulaj -- I'm sure I liked Kate Moss a bit before her, but I remember like searching firstview for pics of Emina, then it was all about Elise Crombez and still is

The first female models I liked were VS angels since you knew them even if you didn't care for fashion :lol: They were Bar Refaeli, Adriana Lima, Doutzen Kroes, Heidi Klum and Behati Prinsloo.

The first male models I liked were Sebastian Sauve, River Viiperi, Cole Mohr and Jeremy Young.

Gosh, writing down these names makes me miss the old times especially when folks like River and Seb documented their model life unfiltered on their blogs and when curated ig accounts and influencers were not a thing (re River)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the first model that i liked was Gisele Bundchen

I remember being exposed to fashion as a little kid going out with my mom and I saw Gisele on three different covers in the newsstand and I was curious to find out who she was. About a year later (2002) my parents bought a computer and internet for our home and I found out her name and became almost instantly obsessed.

I wasn‘t into fashion then and didn‘t know many models but the first model I really liked was Laetitia Casta. I also remember that I loved Helena Christensen and Christy Turlington. But that was years before I got interested in fashion and models in general.

Gisele. She's the reason why I started liking/my interested in models.

Same here!

I remember being 6-7 years old and seeing her on a dress-up site, labeled as "the most beautiful woman in the world". I knew she had to gain that title from somewhere, so when I found out she was a model I was so curious to find out more about modeling. Ever since then I've been in love, not only with Gisele but with models in general :heart:

Love this thread so much!
Natasha Poly was my first model I liked. I saw her in Victoria's Secret show ( 2005 ), I didn't knew any models then, nothing about fashion, not even that VS was a big thing (in Europe we weren't so crazy about VS back than as I remember ) . As saw her and I think my whole life changed. :lol: And later she was all over the place : on FTV, Vogue , everywhere. I was so happy for her as a kid. It's so funny to remember, I was so young, but I admired her so much!
She is QUEENS QUEEN I love her, wish her all the best.
I guess that's how I found out about TFS, because I started to get interested in fashion because of her.

My interest for fashion and models started with two TV advertisements I absolutely adored (I don't know which came first:(

Coco Rocha in the YSL Elle spot: I loved her alienesque face, the movements and the whole direction of the ad.

Mini Anden in the Giorgio Armani Code spot: Gosh, that dress! Probably my favourite Code ad ever. She looked damn sexy in it. Even better than the one with Anja.

Then I started to watch all the fashion shows with Coco in it :lol:

Hana Soukupova was my first obsession, but then Anouck Lepere really got me more into models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->