Who Was The First Model You Liked?

Though her career was short lived, Johanna Stickland was one of my first favorites who wasn’t a major star (like Gemma and Sasha)

Naomi Campbell! I still remember falling in love with her when I saw her in "Change Clothes". I was only 13!

The first model I really loved was Lara Stone. She has the signature gap in her teeth, and when I was young I hated my gap. I got braces eventually, and I don’t have one anymore. Yet, she really was an inspiration to me to be more confident with myself when I was an insecure teen lol. I even had one of her quotes on my Facebook page WAY back in the day (very cheesy.. I know lol). Anyway, I still really love her, she will always be one of my favorites.

The first model I really loved was Lara Stone. She has the signature gap in her teeth, and when I was young I hated my gap. I got braces eventually, and I don’t have one anymore. Yet, she really was an inspiration to me to be more confident with myself when I was an insecure teen lol. I even had one of her quotes on my Facebook page WAY back in the day (very cheesy.. I know lol). Anyway, I still really love her, she will always be one of my favorites.

Same here! Only my gap came back almost immediately after my retainer broke. :lol:

Now I feel chic like Lara, Lindsey and Julia Banas.

Yup I still have to wear mine. I’m sure if I didn’t, my gap would come back lol. Gaps are definitely chic, even more so with those models you just named. You’re in good company!! Lol

Jamie Bochert on her comeback. She was my first model obsession.

Candice Swanepoel way back in 2012, then
Lara Stone, Alana Zimmer, Emily Didonato, and Sigrid Agren.

I bought my first Vogue Paris with Daria Werbowy on cover. (august 200:cool:
I always loved Natalia V, Catherine McNeil, Gemma, Bianca Balti, Edita, Jessica Stam, Lara Stone.

2000-2010' models were something.
I miss it :(

It was really before I started appreciating photography, I had a teenage crush on Monika Jac when I was around 13 or 14 or so. Shame health issues got in the way of what would have been the height of her career.

Gemma for sure.

Edit: OMG! I just saw that I made the exact same comment two years ago. How funny.

My very first model obsession was Erin Wasson. I saw her first back in 2012 as the guest judge for ANTM S16E01, and I instantly fell in love with her looks, voice and character. She's just so cool through and through.

My first memory of noticing a model was Kate Moss on the March 2005 cover of British Vogue.

I’m also able to vividly remember seeing Daria Werbowy’s face absolutely everywhere (when she was the face of Lancôme) but I was unaware of her name at the time. I feel completely in love with Daria!

Andie MacDowell was one. I remember being intrigued by the idea she was in movies (Green Card) and modeling in my mom’s magazines. I want to say when I was about 12 or so I noticed the Coco Mademoiselle ads with Kate Moss, they just stood out to me. Her c*caine scandal not long after that time kind of cemented her in my brain and I’ve loved her ever since. Lily Cole and Agyness Deyn were early favorites too, though I don’t remember the timeline.

I do remember obsessing over photos of models in makeup skincare ads when I was much younger, probably between ages 5 and 8 and wanting so badly to be one of those adult women lololol. But I don’t know the particular models.

The first female model that piqued my interest was Eve Salvail when she was featured on MTVs House Of Style. It was in the mid 90s, when the supers were all the rage. And while those models were great in their own right, Eve was on a different level to me. She had that it-girl factor that I just didn’t see in the others. She was the coolest of the cool.

Laetitia Casta was my first crush. And still is!

First model that I actually follow her career and liked a lot was Coco Rocha.

I kinda regret that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->