Flor Guerreiro

Katnani

Reaction score

(FDM)

I've been intending to open this model a thread for a while, since she's one of the most successful Portuguese models, internationality wise. I know most of you have never heard of her, but here's a start: she was featured as model of the month in Fashion Model Directory, and I cannot be more proud that a fellow girl was there! :D

Here are her stats!

First Name: Flor Isabel
Last Name: Guerreiro
Nationality: Portuguese
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown / green
Date of Birth: 1984
Place of Birth: Montijo, Portugal
Height: 5'10" ; 178cm
Measurements: (US) 34-24-34 ; (EU) 86-61-86
Cup: B
Dress Size: (US) 6 ; (EU) 36
Shoe Size: (US) 8.5 ; (EU) 39 ; (UK) 6

Agencies:
* L'Agence
* Time Models
* Ace Models
* SS&M Model Management - Barcelona
* Mega Models - Miami
* Viva Models - Berlin
* Modelwerk
* 1st Option Model Management
* Avantgarde Model Management
* Most Wanted Models
* Surge Model Management

Vogue Portugal April 2006:

(FMD)

Last edited by a moderator:
More from Vogue Portugal April 2006:

(FMD)

Here his her interview for FMD (March 2010):

Flor was just 14 when she enrolled in a modelling competition in Portugal. She won and that was the beginning of the love affair between Fashion and Flor.
This blond haired, leggy beauty is appropriately named Flor which means flower in Portuguese. She has blossomed into one of the most recognizable faces in her home country having graced the cover of numerous magazines such as Portuguese Vogue and Elle. Represented by 'L'Agence' Flor has been the face of several national and international campaigns and is enjoying a sucessful career in Paris runways. We expect great things from this curvaceous latina who has walked for Giorgio Armani, Valentino, Sonia Rykiel and Escada among others. Here is our exclusive interview with the stunning Flor.

How did you get started in the modeling business?
Flor: When I was 14, I saw an advertisement in a magazine that were recruiting models, I took a chance and sent some photos. I didn’t know what I was up to, I knew I was skinny and tall so I took a chance. Before I knew it I was one of the winners and the prize was a contract with an agency, a cover of the magazine and a 3 month course.

Did you ever think you'd be doing this?
Flor: Not at all, to be honest, at the time i didn’t know what it really meant to be a model, it was a whole new world, very interesting and rich, i got the chance to discover something I loved to do, get more confidence, travel and get a paycheck for it. Was the dream job for me.

What do you like most about modeling? What do you like least?
Flor: I love the transformation, hair, make-up, clothes… get on the set and get into the character, communicate through the clothes, movements, through a photo or a walk.
I love that every day is different, and the chance to travel a lot, get to know new places and mentalities.
I don’t like the emotional instability behind all this.

Have you encountered any surprises along the way?
Flor: The biggest surprise was to discover that I could be a model, from that moment on it was all unexpected, all was new and luckily I had mostly good surprises.

What has been your most awkward moment (of your modelling career)?
Flor: I don't remember any.

Have you developed any new interests since you started modelling?
Flor: Basically I grew up with and while modeling, i could learn new languages, something I love and its easy for me, to know more about photography and take beautiful pictures of the places I’ve been, writing was a therapy. Also, i love the backstage of the fashion world, make-up, dressing, advising, managing.
I love the human complexity, and luckily I had the chance to get to know many different people with many ways of thinking.

What are your favourite things to do in your free time?
Flor: In my free time I like to go to the movies, spend time with my family, go out with my friends, dance, play with my dog, do sports, and sleep a lot. I love to sleep.

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?
Flor: Many places were memorable but the one that I found most interesting was Tokyo, the mentality, organization, food, party, city, people, everything is different and fascinating.

Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?
Flor: I never had a mentor, only a mother agency and bookers.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?
Flor: I just opened my business with my fiancé, I hope in ten years it will be a huge success. Hope we have a big family, two or three kids and I hope to be connected to fashion somehow.

What are your best beauty secrets? How do you stay in shape?
Flor: I have a very active life, I walk a lot and I do sports, gym, squash, and used to do kick-boxing.
Luckily I don´t need to pay attention to what I eat, I always keep the same size no matter what I do. My best beauty secret is to love a lot, do what you like and smile as much as you can.

What would you want people to know about you?
Flor: I can't think of anything at this moment.

Any advice for new models? What advice would you give other models starting out?
Flor: I would say to them to finish school, to learn as much as they can, and try to make good money.
If things don´t work out, change, fight but never stay in a place or do something just because.
Take this as a profession and be professional, improve yourselves, do a good job and have fun while doing it.

Favourite all-time model:
Flor: Kate Moss

Favourite fashion designer:
Flor: Stella McCartney and Christophe Decarnin.

Favourite kind of food:
Flor: Italian and traditional Portuguese food.

Favourite kind of music:
Flor: Rock

What are your favourite 3 songs at the moment?:
Flor: The Story - Brandi Carlile;
Dancing in the dark - Bruce Springsteen;
Use somebody - Kings of Leon.

Favourite quote:
Flor: Live what you feel and feel that you live.

I'd like to meet:
Flor: Barack Obama and Dalai Lama.

If I were trapped on an island I'd take:
Flor: My man and a knife.

GQ Portugal May 2009:

[URL=http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nlnqo69g7psmbfo8gg.jpg]
epvp5pzujhs9j4d02ntb.jpg
[/URL]
(guyism.com)

More Pics 2:

(aeiou.caras.pt; flickr.com/the cardinal de la ville; cromossomay.com)

More Photos 3:

Activa Portugal March 2006

Elle Portugal July 2005

(FMD; blogstelecinco.es; modelspaparazzi.blogspot.com)

I have a few editorials and ads of her, I'll scan them later. :smile:

A recent ad for Triumph Portugal 2010:

(triumph facebook)

I think she looks a lot better with darker hair. I wish I could see her more often in foreign magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->