Footless Tights

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by eastsidecouturechic, Dec 21, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. eastsidecouturechic

eastsidecouturechic New Member

i was recently shopping ( as usual) and saw alll the female abercrombie and fitch workers wearing denim minis with off the shoulder sweater....and footless tights and tennis shoes!! whats with thatt??? i dont know how to post pictures, but come on? i dont even kno how one could pull that off.

2. sashatheelf

sashatheelf New Member

i wear footless tights, that cut off at the ankle before my shoes start (i couldnt find them anywhere so i had to make them though)

ive only worn them with stilletos, not sneakers...thats a bit odd, but kind of cool.

too cold though..

3. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

They're called long-johns...builders wear them.

4. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous New Member

:lol: :rofl: There are actual footless tights out there. I have myself a pair B) .haha but if people at a&f and wearing them, I'd rather gag myself with a pair then wear them anymore. :p

5. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

We don't have A&F here so I haven't seen the workers there but I have leggings that come up to a bit above my ankle that I like to wear with skirts and stuff. but i wear mine with flats. GAH to off the shoulder tops. I am sick of them :yuk:

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i use to wear footless tights in the 80's :blush: often enough to last for a lifetime :lol:

i've seen girls wearing extreme roll up jeans -levis engineered- with legwarmers (too popular over here) and original ballet shoes in powder pink (without socks :shock: )

footless tights are everywhere (like on shopwindows)
    but not too many girls actually wearing them on the street

7. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous New Member

can you actually wear ballet shoes outside? (without ripping holes into the bottom?)

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:lol: very good question tay, i suspect one can walk on the street for a few days in those and then maybe it would be time for a new pair ;)

9. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I got a free Prada suit when I worked for Prada :woot: But then they took it back again :cry:

10. fashionrage

fashionrage New Member

it's called return of the eighties. look at some old videos and you will see tons wearing footless tights.

as for the ballerina shoes...i use to wear them all the time, but that was 15-20 years ago and yes they would only last a couple weeks, but then we just put cardboard in them and kept wearing them until not another safety pin could hold them together.

11. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Anyone have a photo of heeless tights? :innocent:

12. sashatheelf

sashatheelf New Member

i have a picture of cut off ankle tights...is heel-less the same thing?

13. PinUpGirl

PinUpGirl New Member

A lot of girls wear footless thights here, but mostly with heels and not that much on the street, more for clubbing. You see them everywhere in the shops in lots of different colors.

About the employees who have to wear clothes from the shops they work in......when I was studying I worked as a sa at Miss Selfridge and we had to pick something from the shop in the morning. We would wear it during the day and put it back in the evening :doh: :wacko: :yuk:

14. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

It upsets me taht A&F picked upt his look, i really like the leging look, hopfuly it will nto actually become a trend and il see milions of girls runing around with them on. :cry: :blush: :yuk:

15. ItsTheKids

ItsTheKids New Member

EVERYONE I go to school with wears those damn tights. it was kind of cool at first, when only some of the more quirky/fashionable people wore them. now the people who are painfully trendy wear them...that's when you know a trend has died. cut off tights, off the shoulder shirts/sweaters, ugg boots, and big plastic earings all have been worn to death at my school. happy to say i've never sported the tights. :p

16. katiejane027

katiejane027 New Member

i love footless tights. i wear them with a denim skirt, a zip-up sweater, my cross-body fedi bag, and twead pumps

17. vy88

vy88 New Member

I definitely agree with you...it's the same where I go to school...anyone who wears it typically wear it with a denim skirt...come on! can anyone be any more "creative"?!?....:yuk:

18. katiejane027

katiejane027 New Member

the footless tights are creative. you dont want to over do it... you want keep it relatively simple. the tights, some chunky necklaces or a varity of chain necklaces and hot shoes and its a great outfit.

19. PrincessImp.

PrincessImp. Of too many minds

Unfortunately, it will happened.
    You have been warned B)

20. mafalda

mafalda New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Pictures from: Abercrombie.com, Urbanoutfitters.com, RachelMcAdams.org/gallery

And as for the footless tights, leggings it will be a trend but who cares as long as your make it your own, right? I mean if you do go into an Abercrombie or Hollister all the girls wear it with the same mini, the same Converse AllStars and a tank with a sweater overtop. ...But look at Rachel McAdams, she does it right.

#20 mafalda, Jan 13, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 16, 2006