Ford Supermodel of the World 2008

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
Its almost that time and the regional finalists are already being announced. Kenya had its final a short while ago and 15yr old Farida Diba emerged as the winner. She's 5'9

img www.surazurimodels.com

Faridah.jpg

with previous regional winner Ajuma

Faridah4.jpg

You can find a lot of hte regional winners on the Ford website, news link.

The Ford Youtube videos that the competitors recorded last Feb. were the REAL modeling reality show. I think they gave them all video cameras. Quite fun to watch.

The Canadian finalist Kate Somers (top 5 finisher) also put some recent videos up on the Fordmodels youtube page from her time in Japan.

I just noticed this week on her thread that last Feb's winner Sanne Nijhof (sp?) has already left Ford for another agency. She had already won Holland's Next Top Model before going to the Ford thing, according to the thread.

Yeah, Sanne is with Women now. The girl I posted (Cecile) also won Holland's Next Topmodel.

How old is Cecile (Holland)? Do they have to be 18 to be on HNTM? Some of the Ford contestants have been as young as 14, I think, and a lot are 16.

I see she has a thread already! No flies on TFS!

Also, how do the contract prizes work? Is it a quaranteed minimum if you stay for the the period of the contract? And if Cecile already has a HNTM contract prize, how does that affect the Ford prize?

i believe you get paid at the end of the contract or at least the ammount is spread out over that period not sure. The Kenyan winner was also selected through a reality show called catwalk kenya!

I don't think they get the money handed to you.....you supposedly get that amount of work with the agency....after they get their cut for all your exspenses while they are setting you up. Isn't it strange that very few American winners are ever selected? Think of the exspenses that a young lady from a foreign country could rack up....not much left to send home to support the family. I met a young lady from Brazil once that was crying because she didn't have enough money in her account to afford a ticket to fly home over the holidays to see her family.

By the way.... where are the winners from the last two years of the Ford Supermodel search????

By the way.... where are the winners from the last two years of the Ford Supermodel search????

Last years winner Sanne Nijhof from Holland left Ford over the Summer and is now with Women since October. Why or how, I have no idea and would love to know!

i know of chanel iman, ajuma who were runners up and another model whose name i forget camila or is it camile who was a winner, am sure the competition also opens doors for plenty of models worldwide

^Yes Camila Finn was quite big for a few seasons...she won in 2005. Also there was Nataliya Gotsiy who won in 2004. She was pretty huge as well...untill her mediascandal.

2006 was for Katsiya Damankova who was never heard of again.

Katsia's still around, but she doesn't do much high fashion work it seems.

I believe Katsia had major Visa problems, or trouble with the Belarussian government or something? But yes, she's still with Ford (downgraded from Image to Women) and still working.

Sacha from Sweden

7wekhlu.jpg
81hgeh4.jpg

blogg.se

Pretty Letecia from Australia

I don't think the Aussies had a national competition or anything, Letecia was just hand-picked by Ford representatives. She has been with Vivien's for some time.

6o5c76s.jpg

viviensmodels.com.au

Letecia! :woot: Great to see her! She's been a new fav of mine at Vivs. She's 14 from Perth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->