Ford Supermodel of the World 2010

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by lanvinray, Aug 1, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. lanvinray

lanvinray Active Member

The competition is usually held in January but finalists are determined at this time of the year. Ford Canada already started the casting call and they will reveal the finalists this September ^_^
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Final 12

So many thanks to hand-out, I barely know where to begin…

First off, thank you to everyone who came out to the open calls. Thanks to the patient parents and boyfriends who stood by while their pretties lined up to meet with Ford and thanks to everyone who chatted with Dina and I. We had a blast getting to know you all.

Secondly, thanks for your patience. The Toronto open call was two months ago today and many of you have been biting your nails, anticipating a phone call for far too long.

Which brings me to my next point. The phone calls have been made. We have our 12 finalists and we are in full swing, narrowing it down to choose Ford’s Supermodel of the World Canada.

Wanna know who made it? …You didn’t think we’d make it that easy, did you? You’ll have to stay tuned until 8pm EST on Saturday, September 5th to learn who made it to the final 12. The first episode will feature all of the open calls, so look for yourself on air, as well. And trust me, we’ve lined up some gorgeous gals to entertain you every Saturday night on Citytv for the month of September.

fordmodelsearchcanada.com

#1 lanvinray, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator my_precious: Aug 1, 2009
  2. lanvinray

lanvinray Active Member

NAOMI SELECTED FOR FORD SUPERMODEL CONTEST
    Long before “America’s Next Top Model” was created, Ford Models New York created an annual worldwide search for the next top model. This year we are proud that an amazing new face Naomi J has been chosen to compete in the selection for the top Canadian model on CityTV. The winner will go onto a worldwide competition competing for a $250,000 contract with Ford worldwide.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

lizbellagency.com

3. Katie123

Katie123 New Member

last year's winner from brazil is so beautiful

4. lanvinray

lanvinray Active Member

Showtime!
    It’s finally here! Time to show Canada the 12 gorgeous girls who made it to the finals in the search for the next Ford model.

I’m so excited to share these beautiful young women with you all. Canadians will be dazzled by the talent we discovered from coast to coast! But that’s not the only excitement you can look forward to by tuning into the Ford Model Supermodel of the World Canada premiere this Saturday night at 8p.m.EST on Citytv - we also found a few characters along the way who are sure to entertain. And I’ve even heard whispers that a special shout-out to the opposite sex has made its way to the final edit. (And the boys we saw are worth tuning in for)

So check out the first episode this weekend to see Dina and I traveling across the country, meeting all of our possible candidates - the sweet and the sassy - and in the end, you’ll meet our final 12.

See you at 8p.m. on Citytv!

fordmodelsearchcanada.com/blog

5. lanvinray

lanvinray Active Member

The finalists are already up at fordmodelsearchcanada.com :D My bet is Alecsa :D

6. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Alecsa Nelson
    Hometown: Langley B.C.
    Interests: Dance, hanging out with friends and family, SHOPPING, and of course anything that has to do with fashion

Pet Peeves: A small noise in a completely quiet room, and when people chew with their mouths wide open.

Favorite Foods: broccoli, mashed potatoes, Grandma’s food

What’s on your MP3: everything from hard core techno to Country

Favorite movie: Dirty Dancing, Center Stage, and Little Mermaid

Favorite celeb: Blake Lively

Style Icon: Christy Turlington, Daria Werbowy & Linda Evangelista

Define your style: It changes day to day, one day it will be hippie and carefree, the next it will be a pin stripped high wasted skirt and silk button down. I guess it all depends on my mood and the event.

7. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Andrea Zevnik
    Hometown:Montreal, QC
    Interests: Dance, Volleyball, Reading & Listening to Music

Pet Peeves:Toast crumbs left in the butter container and the sound of nails against the chalkboard

Favorite Foods:pizza, pasta, ice cream and chocolate

What’s on your MP3: Pretty much everything except for classical, country and heavy metal

Favorite movie: The Notebook

Favorite celeb: Katherine Heigl

Style Icon: Tyra Banks

Define your style: I truly love getting dressed up, but I’m mostly a “jeans and tee” kind of girl

(Alright,a Quebec girl:mowhawk:)

8. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Chelsea Marie Smith
    Hometown: Edmonton
    Interests: Basketball, reading, chilling with friends and shopping (lots of shopping).

Pet Peeves: When people don't reply to your texts.

Favorite Foods: Sushi, french fries & spaghetti

What’s on your MP3: I like to keep it updated with the latest songs. My "most played" to date includes Garth Brooks, The Veronicas, Beyonce and Rihanna.

Favorite movie: The Notebook

Favorite celeb: Channing Tatum and Miley Cyrus

Style Icon: Designer: Donatella Versace - I like her blacks and grays. Model: Twiggy

Define your style: Comfy Chic. Right now, I like layering dark colors and grays. (No polka dots!)
    fordmodelsearchcanada.com(above post also)

9. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Cindy Liu
    Hometown: Scarborough, ON
    Interests: Modeling, Fashion, Art, Dancing and Acting

Pet Peeves: I hate it when people step on the back of my shoe and people who don’t reply text messages or answer calls…..”What’s the point of having a phone then?”

Favorite Foods: Garden salad with grilled chicken, thin crust pizza, BBQ kabobs, and chicken wings.

What’s on your MP3: Britney Spears, Black Eyed Peas, Jonas Brothers, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, and Ne-yo

Favorite movie: Titanic

Favorite celeb: Lindsay Lohan

Style Icon: Victoria Beckham

Define your style: Preppy and comfortable

formodelsearchcanada.com

10. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Frédérick Lamarche
    Hometown: Montréal, QC
    Interests: Fashion, music, sports, art, modeling

Pet Peeves: When people walk slowly and dirty places

Favorite Foods: Lobster!!

What’s on your MP3: The Beatles, The Phantom Of The Opera Soundtrack, Charles Aznavour, Madonna, Tryo, Mozart!

Favorite movie: The Little Princess

Favorite celeb: Milla Jovovich

Style Icon: Scarlett Johanson

Define your style: Anything that looks good on me!!!!!!

11. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Jade Tang
    Hometown: Edmonton, AB
    Interests: Modeling

Pet Peeves: Eating with your mouth open

Favorite Foods: Pizza

What’s on your MP3: Electro / trance

Favorite movie: Scary Movies

Favorite celeb: Adriana Lima – she is absolutely stunning!

Style Icon: Anyone up to date with good fashion

Define your style: I have many different looks: Classy, spunky, cute, colourful … whatever is hot & stylish!

12. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Joelle Tang
    Interests: Shopping, art, acting & modeling

Pet Peeves: People chewing with their mouths open – it’s very annoying

Favorite Foods: Pizza, pasta & chicken

What’s on your MP3: Tiesto, Electro / trance

Favorite movie: Harry Potter

Favorite celeb: Ryan Reynolds

Style Icon: Rhianna, Betsey Johnson, Gucci

Define your style: Pretty / Rock / Stylin’!

13. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Mariah Tang
    Interests: Fashion, style, modeling and cars

Pet Peeves: People chewing with their mouths open – it’s very annoying

Favorite Foods: Everything and anything – I am very open to try new food

What’s on your MP3: Trance, hip hop & R&B (Lisa Lashes, Rihanna, Drake, Jamie Foxx, Li’l Wayne & Chris Brown)

Favorite movie: The Proposal, PS I Love You, Superbad & The Underworld

Favorite celeb: Ryan Reynolds

Style Icon: Rihanna, D&G, Lindsey Lohan

Define your style: Urban / Raw / Punk / Fun / Wild / Rock

14. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Michaela Trent
    Hometown: Calgary, AB
    Interests: Soccer, wakeboarding, snow & water skiing, horseback riding, acting, dancing, reading and volleyball.

Pet Peeves: The fact that I cannot remember anything past five minutes ago, When people leave the doors unlocked at night.

Favorite Foods: Seafood, Steak, Veggies, Fruit

What’s on your MP3: Vampire Weekend, Cobra Starship, Metro Station, 3OH3!, Panic! At the Disco, The Beatles, Venga Boys.

Favorite movie: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Dirty Dancing, Transformers, The Notebook, The Strangers.

Favorite celeb: Coco Rocha, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Aniston.

Style Icon: Gwen Stefani

Define your style: Something that’s comfortable and unique, clothes nobody else can have.

15. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Naomi Johnson
    Hometown: Vancouver, BC
    Interests: Soccer, Modeling, Ultimate, Biking, Hiking, Reading, Piano, Skiing, Swimming

Pet Peeves: When people are rude and insincere

Favorite Foods: Salmon, sushi, dates & blueberries

What’s on your MP3: Coldplay, Justice, Daft Punk, Vampire Weekend, NoDoubt, Chromeo, MGMT, Radiohead, Rilo Kiley, Alphabeat, Snow Patrol

Favorite movie: American Beauty & Little Miss Sunshine

Favorite celeb: Zoey Deschanel

Style Icon: Sienna Miller

Define your style: I usually wear skinny jeans or high-waisted shorts / skirts with feminine blouses or plain tee’s.

16. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Paige Alexandra Fossheim
    Hometown: Calgary, AB
    Interests: Dance, music, theatre/acting, reading, hanging with friends, trying new things, poetry, writing, literature, and modelling

Pet Peeves: People who say they don’t like something when they have never tried it

Favorite Foods: Sushi, cheese, Caprese salad, nutella

What’s on your MP3: Every genre of the world, from what I know

Favorite movie: I don’t necessarily have a favourite. Three movies I really enjoy are PS I Love You, The Colour Purple, and Remember The Titans. There are many more, but I am just so indecisive

Favorite celeb: My two most admired celebrities are ones that have passed but will always be remembered for their accomplishments: Peggy Lee and Isadora Duncan

Style Icon: I draw inspiration from the artistic presence around me, which highly reflects upon my personality

Define your style: I find my style is very eclectic. I am very open to a broad range of styles, from classic to trendy. I let the clothing inspire me

17. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

[​IMG]
    Name: Sherece Van Eck-Brown
    Hometown: Edmonton
    Interests: I really enjoy interior design, fashion, hair styling and playing hockey.

Pet Peeves: I don’t like things being messy and I hate it when people are late, even if it’s me who’s late! I also don’t appreciate people who are disrespectful or don’t use common manners.

Favorite Foods:pizza is definitely my favorite food, but tacos, pancakes and bacon are right up there in the rankings!

What’s on your MP3: PINK! I love Pink; she’s my all-time favorite, so there’s lots of Pink on my MP3. I also like hip-hop and R&B, reggae, and (believe it or not) salsa music. It’s a pretty big mix of music!

Favorite movie: A Walk To Remember (mostly because I met Shane West!!)

Favorite celeb: Pink

Style Icon: Kate Moss, Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Megan Good, Lauren Conrad

Define your style: I would describe my style as mostly urban. I like to be comfortable and bring old styles back (and sexy back!). I like to put together different things that work for me, but many people will find that my style doesn’t fit them. I always seem to stand out a little bit more.

18. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

That is all.so far,not super impressed,i voted for Naomi.I hate that there is triplets who look exactly the same,what's the point of that:doh:

19. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

seriously.. twins have a hard enough time as it is.. and its also funny they have the same pet peeves.. lol

20. lanvinray

lanvinray Active Member