Former Miss Argentina dies after plastic surgery

Echoes

Confused & Bewildered
Reaction score
December 1, 2009 4:55 a.m. EST

Buenos Aires, Argentina (CNN) -- A former Miss Argentina died Sunday after complications arising from plastic surgery, the official Telam news agency said.

Solange Magnano, 37, died in a hospital after being transferred from a clinic where she underwent an elective surgery on her buttocks on Wednesday, the agency reported.

Magnano ran her own modeling agency in Argentina, and had been a model and Miss Argentina in 1994. She also was the mother of 7-year-old twins.

The cause of her death was under investigation, authorities said.

News of her death shocked her fans. By Monday, a tribute page on the social networking site Facebook had more than 830 members.

"This is a horrible day. We will miss you, Sol," one Facebook poster wrote.

"You couldn't be any more beautiful than you already were," another person added. "You had to pay with your life."

Magnano's most recent project was a runway show to be held in December in her hometown of San Francisco, Argentina, according to Telam.

In recent years, Argentina has become an international destination for plastic surgery. The costs of such procedures there are much lower than in other countries.

Estimates say that 1 in 30 Argentines has gone under the knife, making surgeons here some of the most experienced on the globe.

Medical tourism has seen a huge jump over the past decade, and is projected to be a $100 billion global industry by 2010, according to the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/12/01/argentina.model.death/index.html

lose your life because of plastic surgery, is that really worth of it?

r.i.p

After plasic surgery? Thats horrible...

R.I.P :(

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, how terrible! I feel sorry especially for her poor daughters, imagine loosing your mum that suddenly :cry:

butt implants surgery gone wrong

apparently they leaked and it went to her brain and heart or something like that

Very sad.

When people will realize plastic surgery is a real surgery operation, there`s always a risk of complications, as is in any, no matter how small, operation. i don`t mean to sound insensitive, but it feels so unnecessary when young and beautiful must die for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"