Framed !... The Eyeglasses Thread

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by shoeaddict, Mar 30, 2004.

1. kunio

kunio New Member

my frames are by ic! berlin. they're made with a thin sheet of stainless steel, so it's very lightweight yet strong and flexible.

[​IMG]

2. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

[​IMG] :heart:

& the rest of my collection of framez. :lol:
    i only like plastic . . wire is too professional + ageing imo. . . :innocent:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& these lovelies are on order . .! :D

[​IMG]

the worst thing is i only ever wear my glasses when i wake up late . . .
    otherwise it's impossible to tear me away frm my beloved contacts !

:lol:

3. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend princely

i wish my vision wasnt so good..ive always wanted to wear glasses, not permanently but for "reading" and seeing the board from far away...that way I dont have to wear them all the time, only when i feel it.

I guess sunglasses will have to substitute for those

4. smartarse

smartarse New Member

:lol: why is always the ones who have perfect vision wants glasses?

I have to wear it for reading and far away but sometimes (well most of the times) i don't wear it. even if i'm squinting at the comp screen :blink: ...i really hate prescription glasses. but i love these ---> B)

5. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

chanel - you've nearly the entire rainbow at this stage :lol: :heart:

I can't see a thing these days. Better go join the club. :p

6. berkeleygrrrl

berkeleygrrrl New Member

try asking a glasses place for non-prescription lenses with a UV filter, or ones that will make it easier to read a computer screen. then you can start the fun part, shopping for frames...:D

7. finalfashion

finalfashion New Member

Mine are so old! But when I went to the store the only ones I wanted were the ones I already have. They're gucci-floating frames with a distinctive cat's eye, very delicate... I've been tough with them. They work for me, but I can't seem to justify such an expense for the same glasses again.

What to do?

8. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend princely

I think id feel kind of stupid for wearing glasses I dont need at all, plus if i "had" to get them i woudlnt need to pay for it myself :innocent:

9. titania

titania Active Member

OMG!! Can I join the club too??!! ^_^ I'm as blind as a bat!! I've been wearing specs since I was, like, five or six... Huge tinted plastic ones that were more like sunnies than specs - they were so DAGGY!! Hehehe!!

I've got a pair of Christian Dior glasses similar to these <http://www.eyeglasses.com/product/771625452-763451090> but in electric blue with diamantes on the side that say "Dior". Saw it in Vogue Aust. and thought, nice... Love the colour but don't really like the bling much, I sometimes wanna pick it off...

I used to have a pair of acetate ones by Dolce & Gabbana that were purple on the front and light green on the inside but I lost them!! :cry:

10. eostre

eostre New Member

thanks for this thread, shoeaddict! my sight has become quite bad lately and I´ve now found out I need glasses, which has been causing me some dread because I´ve tried contacts and I just couldn´t wear them, my eyes might be to sensitive or something...but anyway, I feel much better about it now, thanks again! :)

11. utopia

utopia ingenue

same here, I am terrible about motivating myself to wear my glasses, even though I adore my frames...my vision just isn't as good with glasses. :blush: all of those frames are adorable chanel! :heart:

12. renferme

renferme New Member

I have some Dior glasses. I call them my Far Side glasses because they are vaguely the shape of the specs that the women in Far Side cartoons wear - you know, pointy at the sides.

Tip for any frequent fliers. Terminal 3 in Heathrow has a David Clulow Duty Free Opticians, you can save quite a lot of money. You don't even need to take your prescription, just bring your current glasses. They put them in a machine to find out your prescription and them make you your glasses in about 15 mins.

13. fashion_boi_01

fashion_boi_01 New Member

New pair of eyeglasses.

I want a new pair of eyeglasses, and I'm open to suggestions. My budget is 0-$300.

my current glasses: Silhouette 7433

[​IMG]

Thanks. :D

#73 fashion_boi_01, Jan 22, 2006
    Last edited by moderator Elisa: Nov 1, 2011
  14. irmati

irmati New Member

Very nice.

15. Kora

Kora Active Member

Eyeglasses

I'm in the market for new eyeglasses. any ideas? I want something young, fun but sort of conservative looking, black frame. I'm a fan of chanel.Thanx

16. erutuoC

erutuoC New Member

17. Kora

Kora Active Member

^ thanks so much, they look great

18. kevinnn

kevinnn Active Member

I have Burberry frames and they're fabulous. My friend has a pair too. Giarre has great frames in tons of designer brands.

19. gsquared

gsquared New Member

I have a pair of black rimmed burberry frames from 2 years ago...black frames are really good for when you're feeling tired cos it hides undereye circles and bags very well;)

Meanwhile...I'm actually wearing my frameless Valentino's with a translucent lavender hooks? (the sides of the glasses) and there are tiny, subtle little lavender rhinestones on the sides and on 2 on the part where the 2 lenses are connected...it's not at all flashy, but it looks unique and special when someone is looking at you. i've been complimented many times on it.

hope this helps

20. unplugged66

unplugged66 New Member

Dolce & Gabbana have really nice eyewear frames. I recentley bought a pair, and I love them!