Framed!... The Eyeglasses Thread

748942846.jpg

it's a little heard to see...sice it's frameless...but those are the valentino's i'm talking about.

they look MUCH better in person...this photo does not do justice to it....and when you have lights shining on you or the sun..the rhinestone sparkle beautifully

credits: eyeglasses.com

i got a ralph lauren although i think i shoudl have tried out some more styles and brands :P they are very nice tho

becoming four-eyed; GETTING GLASSES!

IM GETTING GLASSES! and im so excited :smile: I love the grown up secretary-look.. i dont know wich frame to buy and of wich brand, but i would like to have them thick, black and squared.. the problem is that i have quite of a strong face - square face with marked cheek- and jawbones. so the question is, will it look too strong with square frames?

It will be up to you and your taste to see if the eyeglasses suit you :wink: Anyway you can always return them

yea but I mean, the "experts" says that ppl with square faces should wear oval glasses to break the strong feauters

i have a square face and have square glasses. I love wearing them even when im not reading because they look so chic! i dont think it looks too strong at all

*don't listen to the 'experts'
everyone's features & placement of features is different!
your best bet is to try as many frames as possible
:flower:

^ It's true, you really have to try a lot of frames on to find the perfect one. I just got the cutest thick-blck rimmed oval ones, and to find them I must have tried on 15 pairs. Glasses are so fun!

i agree--try on as many as possible..
i have worn glasses since grade school and over the years i have had all sorts fo shapes and colours..
it's really just aobut the right balance for your face...

plus it's kind of fun to try them on!...:P

i got new glasses a couple of months ago and they are awesome...
maybe the best i've ever had...:glare:...

"Four-eyed"?! :angry:

JKJK. :lol:

Well, semi-rimless glasses are the new rage! (Think chem-lab glasses).

I must have spent at least an hour trying on glasses at Lens-Crafters until I found the right ones. :woot: ^_^

i went to multiple locations to find the perfect pair, it took forever, but was so worth it.

Ive been eyeballing Chanel frames w/ the black crystal double-c, but I havent made that leap into wearing my frames outside of the house*

Right now I have a pair of Dolce frames, I bought them cause I liked them, a nice brushed bronze rectangular frame...I like them, comfy.

*except to the emergency room

I actually FOUND the perfect pair two days ago :smile: It was really fun trying all those glasses on, all the shapes and colors.. I really looked like a clown in some.. but when I saw the perfect frame nobody could change my mind, Carolina Herrera 212, brushed bronze at the sides and see-through rectangular frame. The shop assistant didnt think that the glasses I wanted were the best for me, the color was wrong, the shape - everything! But daah, I know what suites me and if I really have made up my mind, no one can change it.. so I picked the bronze Herrera's :smile: I have to wait two weeks to get them though.. they had to adjust the glasses strenght to my vision.. I cant wait :smile:

im 20 :/ wearing glasses for most my life.. and having contacts now :P i dun get that excited over being blind if i dun have sumtin to correct my vision XD

Diorling said:
Ive been eyeballing Chanel frames w/ the black crystal double-c, but I havent made that leap into wearing my frames outside of the house*

Right now I have a pair of Dolce frames, I bought them cause I liked them, a nice brushed bronze rectangular frame...I like them, comfy.

*except to the emergency room

hmm, i think we might have the same frames. Model # 4133?

for something like glasses, you just got to go with what looks good on you. forget trends or whatever, because these are going to basically be part of you and you need them to look good

i like my glasses. i have contacts too, but i find myself wearing my glasses more. i think that happened when i got the current frames i have now. before then i just had some plain unflattering ones but the ones have now (angular wire framed bcbg) are just perfect. not to mention insurence pays for them

I recently got 2 pairs of glasses from Costco (Dior and Anna Sui) and got them for around 150-200 dollars each. I used to get my glasses from Lenscrafters but their designs are pretty limited if you're on a budget.

So, paying an extra 50 gets you designer glasses!

Perscription Glasses Frames

OK I am going to the optometrist soon and I need some new glasses. I was thinking for the frames something like in the pictures posted. Could someone help me find some frames like this? Thanks! (pics from epiclylaterd.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->