Framed !... The Eyeglasses Thread

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by shoeaddict, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Thessaly

Thessaly New Member

2. the-smiths

the-smiths New Member

O my god, that girl has a Smiths shirt <3

But those glasses are sooooooo morrissey, I love it! I want some like that but i think I will just look plain nerdy.

3. kevinnn

kevinnn Active Member

Love those Buddy Holly glasses, but I don't think that I could pull them off heh.

4. KayPink

KayPink New Member

I think the best thing to do is just go to lots of stores and try them on. That's the only way to see how they look on you and if you really like them. I don't think I could ever buy glasses online or without trying them on.

#104 KayPink, Sep 7, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 7, 2006
  5. gajaxx

gajaxx New Member

[​IMG]
    *from Bianca Balti's thread

6. Skyla.M

Skyla.M New Member

I love my glasses...I call them my "architect glasses" hehe...they're HUGO Boss black think rims with clear green sides and inside there is a thin piece of metal.

7. AniexDaffodil

AniexDaffodil New Member

costco only sales discontinued frames, so if you need a peice to repair a damaged frame . . well you wont be able to get it. the cost is cheaper yes BUT it's not worth the risk.

8. _translations

_translations New Member

well i volunteer at an optical store/clinic and lately all we've been getting are plastic frames in bold/solid colours. those and rimless frames seem to be incredibly popular right now. however i dont really recommend following a certain glasses trend since they are an investment (esp depending on the frame and glasses) and you will ultimately want something that flatters you and wont risk getting you looking dated within a month.

9. tulip

tulip New Member

Dolce & Gabbana have this new White plastic frame, its very cute/funky

10. dentrobatidae

dentrobatidae Member

I have a pair of nice Armani glasses (when I need to look professional), but I also like to buy vintage frames or sunglasses and have the lenses replaced at an eyeglasses store. They'll give you the usual "we can't take responsibility if these break" etc, but it's a good (and cheap) way to build a fun eyeglasses wardrobe.

11. mustard

mustard New Member

im four - eyed and proud lol!!!:lol:

I LOVE wearing glasses!!The only problem is choosing!!! I have lots of pairs but im never satisfied, there are sooo many cool specs out there!

12. mustard

mustard New Member

ooooooooooooooo!!! my brother has been looking for a pair of these style specs for ages!! Thanks!!

13. Caprice Morgan

Caprice Morgan New Member

I'm always wondering if my glasses look OK. The glasses are from Osiris...

14. Diorling

Diorling New Member

I was looking at Alan Mikli frames and I really didnt care for them. I cant find any frames that I like. Am I crazy? For godsake. I want some Chanels but I dont think they fit my face...Maybe Im not meant to do frames.

15. AniexDaffodil

AniexDaffodil New Member

I have a Alain Mikli from the the PACT line that is my ultimate favorite frame. The price on Mikli's are a little expensive, but the comfort of them and texture of the plastics are amazing. I have a Chanel frame as well, but I RARELY get comments on it. They make quite large Chanels, but the problem is they don't really market for males. Most of their frames aren't unisex. I could make a few suggestions for you if you would like! Plastics or metals? Message me !

16. mustard

mustard New Member

wow!!! i cant believe you cant find any frames you like, i always find too many that i like.You must be picky...or maybe im just not picky enough :p, anyway i hope you have fun:buzz: finding the perfect frames, dont give up looking, you'll find them eventually :magic:(i couldn't find a detective smilie so a wizard will have to do ;))

#116 mustard, Oct 17, 2006
    Last edited by moderator airheAdDivA: Oct 17, 2006
  17. Yasmin

Yasmin New Member

^ Depends on your facial structure. I have a small face with delicate features so most glasses look overwhelming on me. Sometimes I have to try on the kid's frames, but those usually look bad too. So for me it's almost impossible and forget about designer, I'll take the one pair in the city that doesn't make me look ridiculous, and designers never seem to make them small and dainty enough for that.

Anyway, Diorling, if face shape is your problem too, take your most flattering sunglasses with you when you go glasses shopping and see if you can find a similar pair. And take a digital camera or an honest friend.

But I know for a fact that there are some people who I find can look so good in glasses, even, better with them than without. I especially like ones with some thickness and unique style (but not so much the same emo glasses everyone else is wearing). I guess you need to have a medium to large sized head/facial features to pull that off.

#117 Yasmin, Oct 17, 2006
    Last edited by moderator *Justice*: Oct 17, 2006
  18. mustard

mustard New Member

Yeah, i agree i think it definately depends on your facial structure. I have a small face (dont know about small features tho :blink:) and one of my first pairs of glasses were childrens because i couldnt find any to suit my face (all too wide) but the past few years ive found so many pairs that do suit my face. At the moment im wearing a thick rimmed, mocha D&G pair with wide arms. Its the wide sidearms that make them suit my face even tho they are quite rectangualr and wide. I think im one of those people who look better ion glasses but i think thats because i feel more confident when i wear them. Anyway Dorling, keep looking, your perfect pair are out there some where (oooooh that rhymes:p )

19. ellonasty

ellonasty New Member

#119 ellonasty, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 2, 2006
  20. gabo

gabo New Member

Would normal eyglasses stores in the mall sell designer frames? Where would I be able to buy say, a pair of Max Azria frames?