Framed!... The Eyeglasses Thread

my frames are by ic! berlin. they're made with a thin sheet of stainless steel, so it's very lightweight yet strong and flexible.

model_129_foto.jpg

i_<3_chanel said:
i like my raspberry glasses ! :heart:
1001888.jpg
:heart:

& the rest of my collection of framez. :lol:
i only like plastic . . wire is too professional + ageing imo. . . :innocent:

ROO_G_ROORetro1B_b.jpg

AA_G_AABiker_b.jpg

JF_G_JF93_b.jpg

& these lovelies are on order . .! :D

AA_G_AA501_b.jpg

the worst thing is i only ever wear my glasses when i wake up late . . .
otherwise it's impossible to tear me away frm my beloved contacts !

:lol:

i wish my vision wasnt so good..ive always wanted to wear glasses, not permanently but for "reading" and seeing the board from far away...that way I dont have to wear them all the time, only when i feel it.

I guess sunglasses will have to substitute for those

:lol: why is always the ones who have perfect vision wants glasses?

I have to wear it for reading and far away but sometimes (well most of the times) i don't wear it. even if i'm squinting at the comp screen :blink: ...i really hate prescription glasses. but i love these ---> B)

yourbestfriend said:
i wish my vision wasnt so good..ive always wanted to wear glasses, not permanently but for "reading" and seeing the board from far away...that way I dont have to wear them all the time, only when i feel it.

I guess sunglasses will have to substitute for those

chanel - you've nearly the entire rainbow at this stage :lol: :heart:

I can't see a thing these days. Better go join the club. :P

yourbestfriend said:
try asking a glasses place for non-prescription lenses with a UV filter, or ones that will make it easier to read a computer screen. then you can start the fun part, shopping for frames...:D

Mine are so old! But when I went to the store the only ones I wanted were the ones I already have. They're gucci-floating frames with a distinctive cat's eye, very delicate... I've been tough with them. They work for me, but I can't seem to justify such an expense for the same glasses again.

What to do?

berkeleygrrrl said:
try asking a glasses place for non-prescription lenses with a UV filter, or ones that will make it easier to read a computer screen. then you can start the fun part, shopping for frames...:D

I think id feel kind of stupid for wearing glasses I dont need at all, plus if i "had" to get them i woudlnt need to pay for it myself :innocent:

OMG!! Can I join the club too??!! ^_^ I'm as blind as a bat!! I've been wearing specs since I was, like, five or six... Huge tinted plastic ones that were more like sunnies than specs - they were so DAGGY!! Hehehe!!

I've got a pair of Christian Dior glasses similar to these <http://www.eyeglasses.com/product/771625452-763451090> but in electric blue with diamantes on the side that say "Dior". Saw it in Vogue Aust. and thought, nice... Love the colour but don't really like the bling much, I sometimes wanna pick it off...

I used to have a pair of acetate ones by Dolce & Gabbana that were purple on the front and light green on the inside but I lost them!! :cry:

thanks for this thread, shoeaddict! my sight has become quite bad lately and I´ve now found out I need glasses, which has been causing me some dread because I´ve tried contacts and I just couldn´t wear them, my eyes might be to sensitive or something...but anyway, I feel much better about it now, thanks again! :smile:

i_<3_chanel said:

the worst thing is i only ever wear my glasses when i wake up late . . .
otherwise it's impossible to tear me away frm my beloved contacts !

:lol:

same here, I am terrible about motivating myself to wear my glasses, even though I adore my frames...my vision just isn't as good with glasses. :blush: all of those frames are adorable chanel! :heart:

I have some Dior glasses. I call them my Far Side glasses because they are vaguely the shape of the specs that the women in Far Side cartoons wear - you know, pointy at the sides.

Tip for any frequent fliers. Terminal 3 in Heathrow has a David Clulow Duty Free Opticians, you can save quite a lot of money. You don't even need to take your prescription, just bring your current glasses. They put them in a machine to find out your prescription and them make you your glasses in about 15 mins.

New pair of eyeglasses.

I want a new pair of eyeglasses, and I'm open to suggestions. My budget is 0-$300.

my current glasses: Silhouette 7433

AUSTJJNz.jpg

Thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyeglasses

I'm in the market for new eyeglasses. any ideas? I want something young, fun but sort of conservative looking, black frame. I'm a fan of chanel.Thanx

I have Burberry frames and they're fabulous. My friend has a pair too. Giarre has great frames in tons of designer brands.

I have a pair of black rimmed burberry frames from 2 years ago...black frames are really good for when you're feeling tired cos it hides undereye circles and bags very well:wink:

Meanwhile...I'm actually wearing my frameless Valentino's with a translucent lavender hooks? (the sides of the glasses) and there are tiny, subtle little lavender rhinestones on the sides and on 2 on the part where the 2 lenses are connected...it's not at all flashy, but it looks unique and special when someone is looking at you. i've been complimented many times on it.

hope this helps

Dolce & Gabbana have really nice eyewear frames. I recentley bought a pair, and I love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->