Francesco Scognamiglio F/W 09.10 Milan

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
MILAN, March 2, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

A rumor that Alice Dellal would be taking a turn on Francesco Scognamiglio's catwalk raised the buzz level there today. In the end she was a no-show, but the new faces drawn into the crowd were treated to the designer's most retail-ready collection yet. The curious got an eyeful of his tailoring chops and flair for the dramatic blouse (this season with ruffs running down the sleeves), while his followers got an eye-opener: Scognamiglio can really do knits. A black sweater dress laminated with gold had a vintage quality that made it the lineup's most interesting piece.

In the not so distant past, Scognamiglio has been guilty of rhinestone-studded latex and see-through plastic pants. This time, a few sheer tops aside, he restricted his more outrageous impulses to the accessories. Heavy gold-studded boots that gave the models a hard time earned him a demerit, while Philip Treacy's absolutely towering gendarme and hussar hats earned him a gold star. This label's profile is likely to continue on the uptick.

I love this man.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I love it, as per.
It's shocking and unusual yet elegant, beautiful and so wonderfully pulled off.

What I really love is how though there's a major trend for fur for fall, Scognamiglio did major fur last fall. I can only see one piece in this entire collection and that is subtle and sheared.

The shoes are seriously immense.
I can't wait to see those stud-encrusted boots in motion.
Hoping the video will be up on the 'Coming Soon' new look Scognamiglio website . .

I'm always a fan of him also, but... I cannot say I like this so much as last season's. However, those studded boots/trousers..... amazing!!!! :shock:

I totally love it.

The collection look expensive and classy, plus I really like the silhouettes he was proposing in some of the outfits.

it's a magnificently beautiful collection
those boots encrusted with studs are to die for
and the ammonite silhouette??(i am not so sure) is intriguing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->