French Bourgeois F/W 09.10

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
I recently picked up the "French Bourgeois" expression from commentators of Fall 2009 runway shows.

The details are very erotic, but in a very clean, demure way. Lots of French lingerie detailing: bras showing off, lace, lots of bows, satin, faux flowers, skin in enigmatic places... But at the same time, she is very put together: over the top jewelry, hair and makeup extremely put together (think chignon).

Very seductive!
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis Vuitton
F/W 09.10 Paris
style.com

00320m.jpg
00250m.jpg

I like the naming of this trend. Ah, Kim your trend reports are always so on :heart:

^agree, you are always spot on <3

I love that piece of lace in Balenciaga, is it a bra?

I like that these are more feminine, it's not a 'in your face'-sexiness, it's more subtle:heart:

from Rachel Roy

00010m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00260m.jpg
00230m.jpg

style.com

first i hated that name to be sincere ...
maybe because i'm french and hated to be once again associated to the cliché of the french bourgeoisie ...

but then i think about it ... a little though ...
and i think it's very nailed ! and to me it goes tiny further than that ...
being in a 'crisis' situation (i think i already vomit this word ! though i still prefer crisis to recession ... crisis being stronger and showing that it's not only about a financial system breakdown but more than this crisis meaning that a system shows its limit and invalidity ... anyway) it was all about comeback to past fashion images and periods ...
and French in terms of Fashion is the strongest valeur-sûre, it's an image (Paris and its Couturiers) everyone thinks about when they think about Fashion ...
And I've noticed too that a lot of people show french fashion codes ...

What you raised there is very smart !!

though ... French Bourgeoise is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"