Friends of Andy

Pat Hartly

Attachments

• Pat Hartley.jpg
    Pat Hartley.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 19
loved the factory ladies and gents... nico's "Chelsea Girls" just really sums it all up. such energy, craziness... drugs... but so interesting to read/think/look at now that it's all over

Paul America and Ultra Violet with some other people.

Attachments

• Paul America (Paul Johnson).jpg
    Paul America (Paul Johnson).jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 339
  • Ultra Violet.jpg
    Ultra Violet.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 211
Paul America's the one looking in the mirror. Awsome pic.

Photographer Billy Name, then Viva with Andy, then a pic of Andy with the gang. :flower: Thanks everyone post away!!

Attachments

• Photographer Billy Name.jpg
    Photographer Billy Name.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 341
  • Viva (with andy).jpg
    Viva (with andy).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Andy With His Friends.jpg
    Andy With His Friends.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 17
Great topic, thanks for posting the pictures guys :heart:

candy1d.jpg
Candy Darling and Jane Fonda
candy75.jpg

candy and dali
http://www.warholstars.org/index.html

lake.gif

hujar.JPG

candy darling on her death bed...
also the cover of antony and the johnsons recent cd--recommend it
the music is as haunting as the image-think nina simone sung by a drag queen

I badly need to do some more research now... I had no idea about any of this, and still don't really, until I "discovered" Edie Sedgwick. I simply have no clue who the Factory group was, or what they were about even. I do know now that Andy Warhol also made films, and that they were rather creepy works, but beyond that- I take it they all did a ton of drugs as well. :ninja:

Yes a lot of them have died mysterious and/or drug related deaths but they are a facsinating bunch.

purplelucrezia said:
I badly need to do some more research now... I had no idea about any of this, and still don't really, until I "discovered" Edie Sedgwick. I simply have no clue who the Factory group was, or what they were about even. I do know now that Andy Warhol also made films, and that they were rather creepy works, but beyond that- I take it they all did a ton of drugs as well. :ninja:

strawbutterb said:
also the cover of antony and the johnsons recent cd--recommend it
the music is as haunting as the image-think nina simone sung by a drag queen

very interesting, thank you!

How about the Velvet Underground? My favorite band of all time.

1969-01.jpg

vu.jpg

url]

They were briefly dressed by Betsey Johnson, but I can't find any pictures of them in her stuff. Sorry.

Love them ^^^ Their first album, The Velvet Underground and Nico, is one of the greatest album of all time.

For all of you guys interested in the Factory, I urge you to read the first chapters of "Kill Me, Please" - very crude yet humourous report of those times.

I am just reading "The Andy Warhol Diaries" and it is very fascinating. You can really imagine how the scene was at the time through his writing. And his comments are oh so funny! I recommend it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->