Friends of Andy

this book sounds interesting, has anyone read it?
Malanga, Gerard: Archiving Warhol: Writings & Photographs, London Creation Books 2002 A collection of Gerard Malanga's many writings on, and interviews with, Andy Warhol over the years. It is heavily illustrated by revealing pictures from Malanga's extensive photographic archive of Warhol and the Factory, including many shots published here for the first time. Subjects include Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, Nico, Bob Dylan, Edie Sedgwick
, and of course Warhol and Malanga himself. Archiving Warhol provides a unique historical insight into Andy Warhol's art and philosophy, and is an invaluable document of the Warhol 1960s, one of the most crucial and innovative periods in modern art

from www.zvab.com

attachment.php

wasnt Jane a super star? :heart:

i was in love with joe dalessandro, such a beauty..
candy darling is another BIG star for me "candy says" by the Velvets
one of my all time fave songs makes me so soft inside
Lou and John Cale were also huge superstars and so stylish at this time no?

actually this Gerarld Malanga book might be interesting AnnaK, thanks for bringing this in.. i should check it out, even though i've read so much on Factory , Andy and the scene to last me for a lifetime...

aww anyway thanks for this FAB thread Ches and everyone for the pictures :flower:

There was a little more to Andrea Feldman's story of suicide by jumping out the window. According to Bob Colacello, "Andrea Feldman was carrying a can of coke in one hand and a rosary in the other when she jumped from 51 Fifth Avenue. Many factory employees thought August 6th was Warhol's birth date at the time - Andrea may have chosen this date because she assumed it washis birthday. It was also the tenth anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death with whom Andrea identified herself.

Andrea had apparently made dates for that afternoon with half a dozen guys she had gone out with, including the poet and diarist Jim Carroll, so that they would all be down on the sidewalk when she flew out the window.

Andrea Feldman's best friend and Warhol superstar Geraldine Smith mentioned a note that Feldman had left telling everyone she loved them & the she was "going for the big time, I hit the jackpot!"

But according to Bob Colacello, "in the back room of Max's the old Superstars were saying that "...the note wasn't to everyone and it wasn't about love; it was to Andy and it was very, very nasty."

"They just throw you in front of a camera - they don't care what you look like. And they just use you, and abuse you, and step on you, and they don't pay you anything. I am very depressed about the whole thing, because I know I'm a damn good actress and I've been brought down by Warhol and I've been mistreated by them. Paul Morrissey told me I was the best actress he ever had."andera feldman draft_lens2258631module12323358photo_1225140531andrea squidoo com.gif

andrea feldman 2271661245_aa043394e6_o- squidoo com.jpg

andrera feldman draft_lens2258631module12324436photo_1225145350andrea squidoo com.jpg

andrea feldman 2272532422_756a5495dc squidoo com.jpg

jackie curtis & andrea feldman outside max''s kansas city photo Anton Perich warholstars org.jpg

draft_lens2258andrea feldman 631module12324288photo_1225144711show4 squidoo com.jpg Source: Text- warholstars.org Pictures - squidoo com

So far my favorite book on this subject is Popism: The Warhol Sixties by Andy Warhol and Pat Hackett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6sdijcnun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->