From Senior Thesis To Saks (nonstop)

I think most of the people on this site are very much IN the fashion world. So when they see someone like this, whose clothes are obviously beautiful, but similar to many other things, everyone is quick to say that they've seen better.

I think its great that she has had so much success... but I don't think its merited. Whats so special about her clothes? The colors are an obvious choice for fall, the fabrics aren't original, the cut isnt new... combos arent anything new.

its a yawn for me.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 19 2004, 09:08 PM
Absolutely :clap:

Even I think I could do much better than that :shifty:
[snapback]339042[/snapback]​

We all know you could, 'Jandro.

You could get stuff like this at your local JC Penny's.

I agree the first and last looks are fine, but nothing great.

sorry, here. It was posted from an article that was from New York Magazine!

Attachments

• nymag.jpg
    nymag.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 28
To be quite honest, those pics speak for themselves. I gotta say that they are horrible. Maybe she has a vision i just cant see. Let me assure you that were not jelouse its just we have very strong opinions about fashion (thats why were here). And our thoughts are worth expressing becasue, like myself, many people here work in fashion and other design related industries and are able to give a professional opinion. :flower:

Originally posted by Holland_MULTIMEDIA*@Aug 20 2004, 12:34 AM
To be quite honest, those pics speak for themselves. I gotta say that they are horrible. Maybe she has a vision i just cant see. Let me assure you that were not jelouse its just we have very strong opinions about fashion (thats why were here). And our thoughts are worth expressing becasue, like myself, many people here work in fashion and other design related industries and are able to give a professional opinion. :flower:
[snapback]339192[/snapback]​
Of course you are etitled to your own opinions.....I agree to disagree....it is just sometime I feel "give credit where credit's due!" I guess this is what makes fashion,fashion! Everyoe has a style!

Originally posted by Voices@Aug 19 2004, 08:39 PM
I am so tired of everybody being so negative on this site....honestly guys..why so judgemental????.....I detect bitterness/jealousy......take a moment for what she has accoplished.. Here is a photo of one of her looks on the cover of WWD titled, "THE GRADUATE"...now that is a credible publication that warrants some attention. [attachmentid=24393] I still maintain that this girl is headed for success.....you go girl!
[snapback]339144[/snapback]​

I don't think the comments were driven by jealousy overall. Many of them congratulated her for the feat and wished her success, but they simply couldn't see the merits of her collection.

I'm not in the fashion world and have no aspirations to become a designer, so I can assure you that it is just my honest opinion when I say I have to agree with the majority here. Verrier's first collection does not wow me, prestigious press coverage or not. There's no grace or refinement to any of it. The shapes are awful and the cuts are blah, and I can't say much more for the fabrics or colors. Can I do better than Verrier? Probably not. But coming from someone with so much support and hype around her, I expected a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->