Fruits

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Gboy, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Gboy

Gboy New Member

hi everyone :heart:
    These last sunny days I m getting so opsessed by fruits ,water ,and other basically healthy foods.Many times i find myself eating fruits ,but i m not well balanced in this ,sometimes i eat 3 or 4 kinds of fruits for a moment and sometimes i forget to eat them again for days or weeks,so I am verry unbalancedin eating :wacko: .do anyone here fells like me ,who like the fruits only because of the well-knowing fact that thay are HEALTHY and not because of how thay taste like?
    ..and could anybody tell me plssss..... eating how many fruits is enough for one day? :wink: sory for my bad english. thank you all :flower:

2. Mettchen

Mettchen desire, undefined

I loooove fruit and I eat tons and tons every day. I think you're supposed to eat like 600 grams each day. That's what I've heard at least.

3. Gboy

Gboy New Member

thx Mettchen...i ll try to

4. Gboy

Gboy New Member

5. gbnf34

gbnf34 New Member

Not enough!

6. Mettchen

Mettchen desire, undefined

you're always welcome :wink: i think it can be recalculated to about six fruits a day. not like 6 coconuts or 6 grapes. But like ... fruits at the size of an apple or something.

hm, that was a bad explanation. just stick with the 600 grams :P

7. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I try not to focus as much on fruits as I do on veggies... but I do get a good share of fruit. :smile: I absolutely LOVE to eat frozen ones.. I always freeze my cherries, grapes, and oranges - I enjoy them more (and don't eat AS much) if they take longer to eat. But no fret - I eat my watermelon, pineapple, etc. unfrozen. :smile:

8. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

As I guy, I believe the recommendation is 9 fruits/veggies a day. Try to get more veggies than fruits, though, because they contain less calories and sugar. Both have vital antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that you need to be healthy.

9. Tuti*Fruiti

Tuti*Fruiti New Member

You are very pretty for a guy Prep :wink: :flower:

10. TheSoCalledPrep

:rofl: :rofl:

I meant 'As a guy, I believe the recommendation for you'

:rofl:

11. Dixie

Dixie New Member

12. Acid

Acid yes

i always have bananas and im OBSESSED with spinach but i dont think i eat enough still

does lettuce count as a vegetable?

to be honest........about 0.1% of people probhably eat as much fruit and veg as they should and the average person lives till about 78 nowdays so i wouldnt worry too much.

13. Bright Tahquil

Bright Tahquil New Member

I love fruit, regardless of whether it is healthy or not, I find them really tasty and refreshing. I love oranges, apples, bananas, mango, grapes, basically everything but I have a thing about them being firm - if they are even the slightest bit soft I won't eat them. :smile: If you mush it up in a smoothie its all good too.

I've heard you should eat 7 vegetables and fruits a day - but don't overeat coz they're a laxative. Did you know that an apple is more effective in waking you up than a cup of coffee? Well, there is a bit of trivia for you.

14. TheSoCalledPrep

78 schmeventy eight.... I'll live 'til I'm 200!!

15. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I eat five apples a day (roughly) but I have to reduce my intake because my dentist says the apples will corrode my enamel.

16. Theory

Theory New Member

As long as it isn't iceberg lettuce, it will have some nutritional value. There's so many kinds, and sometimes when I make a salad medley, I will add in the iceberg simply for its texture, but nothing else.

I too, am obsessed with spinach and red leaf chard!! I love it with pastas, alone, sauteed with oranges and kiwis. It's very good for you! Frozen spinach, hell, frozen veggies are nasty!

17. Polina_sexy

Polina_sexy New Member

I love fruits, is my favorite food.

I am obsessed with apples... and pineapple also!

18. Aida.Sevan

Aida.Sevan New Member

I dont eat enough... Too bad for me. But I do like juices.

19. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I think I've lived off apples, strawberries, watermelon and peaches for the past few months, not intentionally, but I can't help it, I just love them :flower:

20. Bluestar07

Bluestar07 New Member

Uh oh :blink: ... I'm addicted to apples :cry: I could be a fruitarian .... I :heart: fruits especially apples :innocent: , mangoes, pineapples and watermelon :flower: :flower: :flower:

I eat what I call "The Four Cs" salad everyday made from cucumber, celery sticks, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes :P