FS YSL- Gucci Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more Tom Ford? :cry: How sad :cry: His Fall/Winter 2003 Collection was extremely beautiful :cry:

:blush: my fault :flower:

hmm tom@dior, is a great business twist but to be honest.. i dont think he'd qualified :wink:

This is maybe the reason why Tom and Stella are such good friends.

I agree:no more Slimane at Dior Homme would be the end of the world! :yuk:

And I agree,too,that it is time that Galliano (superbely gifted,though) stops Dior.

Originally posted by Colette@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:50 am

And I agree,too,that it is time that Galliano (superbely gifted,though) stops Dior.
absolutely :flower:

I would be thrilled waiting to see his first Dior collection...we are so used to see the Gallianus Circus, and it will be a shocker when we see the fur covered runway and the totally different outfits... OMG! that would be the umph! of the century in the fashion business :lol:

Since no one answered my question I will repost...I am confused whether he will be replaced at YSL as well because I thought he just quit Gucci... :unsure:

Originally posted by Lena+Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:58 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:58 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colette@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:50 am

absolutely :flower: [/b][/quote]
now if that happens, i will actually run into the DIOR boutique here and jump around in it. that wouls make me so happy. maybe then, i copuld reconsider my DIOR?? :unsure:

Helmut has already stated that he would not like to work for more than one label. He was offered the job at Balenciaga before Ghesquière but decided to focus on his own label. I personally would not like to see him at another house anyway. Helmut is above working at Gucci, imo.

From the poll I chose Hedi Slimane. :heart: I think he makes amazing clothes for men and just out of general curiousity I would love to see what he could do for a woman. Could you imagine the intricate details and lean silhouettes? :woot: :heart:

But you all raise amazing points and I will have to think about it some more. :idea:

Originally posted by mehg@Nov 8th, 2003 - 7:32 pm
Since no one answered my question I will repost...I am confused whether he will be replaced at YSL as well because I thought he just quit Gucci... :unsure:
I did answer you dear Mehg :wink: Go back to the first page.

I voted for Allesandro Del'Acqua for some reason. He stuck out of all them. Because you never know these businesses.....the media,they talk and talk of the most obvious and then eventually get they hire someone less conspicuous.

Btw,agree on Galliano. In fact,can we get rid of all of the conglomerate money suckers and get back to the real deal of making beautiful clothes? That comment by Cathy Horyn is exactly why I never had much affection for Tom.
Mr. Ford is an original - not so much for his dressmaking skills but for his ability to recognize a decade ago that those skills matter less in the increasingly global fashion business than marketing and personal relations
What's so wrong with the old skills? They're already being pushed into a dustmite in a corner,why should one demise the whole notion altogether?

Originally posted by Scott+Nov 8th, 2003 - 10:31 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Nov 8th, 2003 - 10:31 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mehg@Nov 8th, 2003 - 7:32 pm
I did answer you dear Mehg :wink: Go back to the first page.

[/b][/quote]
mehg, tom quite the gucci group not just gucci, therfore also leavieng ysl and his post as creative director at teh gucci group

Although Galliano is doing not so well in his last collections at Dior I don't think it is time for him to leave. :wink: LVMH will be stupid if they let him go. (Infact Dior is now one of the top earning houses beacuse of him :rolleyes: .) But I would love to see him focus on his own label.

i belive Dior is doing so well, mainly because of their momentus advertising budget, their accessories and perfume products.

Not because of Galliano's 'design' extravaganzas igni.

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 11:16 am
i belive Dior is doing so well, mainly because of their momentus advertising budget, their accessories and perfume products.

Not because of Galliano's 'design' extravaganzas igni.
yep, agreed!
all the perfume and cosmetics make up for his losses on the couture side :innocent:

sorry scott I totally missed your first post and thanks also space. excellent, i am so happy he is leaving his post at YSL which he was ruining in my opinion. thanks for the help!

The couture and RTW, too, are part of why Dior earns alot. I read in an artcle that Dior earned plus 30% or something because of sales in clothing, too. The couture of Dior tht sells is definetly not what he shows during the haute couture shows but whats behind in the atlier. Like Goldie Hawn, Jenifer Aniston and Courtney Cox Arquette were all in Dior at these years Golden Globes, Hilary Swank was in Dior at the Oscars and Uma was in Dior too at a premiere of Kill Bill. Want me to name more. :wink:

I know Slimane just renewed a 3 year contract w/ Dior Homme, so I assume he would stay put. I think Hedi is way to good to leave what he's doing at Dior. Plus, you'd be stealing my fave menswear designer. I love his clothes and have about 1 piece I have to have from each collection (I can't afford more than that). Stella may be on the horizon? BTW- Astrid, if you love dior homme, you should know that Hedi has produced smaller sizes in shirts this season for the ladies. They're cut a bit different and available in Paris!
Pete

Originally posted by Pete@Nov 10th, 2003 - 8:41 pm
I know Slimane just renewed a 3 year contract w/ Dior Homme, so I assume he would stay put. I think Hedi is way to good to leave what he's doing at Dior. Plus, you'd be stealing my fave menswear designer. I love his clothes and have about 1 piece I have to have from each collection (I can't afford more than that). Stella may be on the horizon? BTW- Astrid, if you love dior homme, you should know that Hedi has produced smaller sizes in shirts this season for the ladies. They're cut a bit different and available in Paris!
Pete
OT
thanks god hes created a womens "dior homme" line. i've been eyeing the womens collection since last season now :blush:

Originally posted by leyla m.+Nov 10th, 2003 - 2:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Nov 10th, 2003 - 2:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pete@Nov 10th, 2003 - 8:41 pm
Pete
OT
thanks god hes created a womens "dior homme" line. i've been eyeing the womens collection since last season now :blush: [/b][/quote]
UUUU!! maybe I can fit in one of those! I cant wait :buzz:

I honestly don't care to see Tom Ford takeover any house at this point. If he wants to start his own line, fine. But he shouldn't be at Versace or Dior or Chanel or anything else that has been suggested. :blink:

Let's face it, the powers that be at Gucci Group are most likely going to promote designers that are already under their umbrella. I think Nicolas would be a good choice for YSL but he'd have to drop his more experimental, avant-garde tendencies in favor of a more simple, classic look. I think he could do it.

As for Gucci, McQueen seems like a pretty obvious choice. I think he could continue the sexy, rich-b*tch, ice queen look rather well.

I just don't want either of them to drop the lines they work on now! Can you imagine Balenciaga without Nicolas?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"