Future Of Online Luxury Shopping

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by stylegurrl, Aug 17, 2004.

1. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

2. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

it's funny...all of us fashion people knew that the internet was hidden gold, but i think the larger risk for big luxury houses is not whether they can make a few million quid from online offerings but how does it effect the brand's image and exclusivity. i love that i can buy my mother a leiber without dealing with the attitudes at my local neiman's but i have a problem with buying clothes and accessories for myself bc (at least among my group) if it's online, everyone will have it.

sometimes it's simply about quality, but many times it is about that magic that happens when you've got something you (at least can dillude yourself into thinking) is special

3. BrothaG

BrothaG New Member

I'm sure online shopping is great for items that don't require a special size, but I'd never buy shoes or such on the internet, I'd get too impatient if I'd have to return them for a different size :wink:. I don't believe it'll ever surpass regular stores.

4. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

I recall luxlook.com where they sold these:

Moschino
    Vivienne Westwood
    Versace
    Missoni
    Etro
    Paul Smith
    Dolce Gabbana
    Gianfranco Ferre

Pity it closed.

eLuxury I also recall was not limited to Louis Vuitton, and Dior, etc. There used to be Salvatore Ferragamo, la Perla lingerie, and Petrossian caviar. As well as Donna Karan Gold Label apparel.

5. faust

faust New Member

I think eLuxury bought them.

6. Incroyable

Incroyable New Member

Yes, they did, and the selection is none the more comprehensive. Although the original luxlook was a product of investors from Bulgari Spa, and various holdings company which owned stakes in Valentino.

They also sold Loro Piana if I recall.

7. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

way back when, eluxury (I can't remember the old site name) was truly about a luxury lifestyle. You were able to buy a stake in an airplane if you wanted. I agree with mike that for designers, it is more about their name than their earnings but I really think that the internet will surpass stores. The internet is only growing and expanding and I think what people need to realize is that a luxury clientele isn't always based in major metropolitan cities and that being able to access these sites allows women who normally haven't heard of certain designers (though are able to afford them) to attain pieces they couldn't find in a store near them.

8. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I don't think Internet shopping will surpass the act of going to the actual store any time soon, but maybe eventually. I love shopping anywhere, but I think I prefer seeing the clothes in person. Buying on the Internet is great and so conveniant though.

9. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

I like shopping on the Internet, simply because its convenient and saves energy. I also like shopping in the hustle and bustle of the city and Westend, but hate the shoving and time spent looking for the 'perfect' outfit/accessory/shoes. I dont know whether the internet will over take the experience of going out to shop, but probably will be close behind, when they invent the kind of futuristic computers where one can virtually have the clothing 'made to measure' or delivered with the option to try and return. :P

10. Mr A4

Mr A4 New Member

Online fashion is here to stay. I'm gonna have to agree with a previous post. While its nice to be able to get what you what, when you want it, there is also a visceral thrill of just walking into a store, picking what you want off the rack and bringing it home.

11. Diggilooo

Diggilooo New Member

Hi does anybody know if it's safe to shop on: designermiz.biz, Lussomoda.com. metroluxury.com, b-gcollections.com and on mydesignerbrands.com?

Thanks a lot!!

12. GalleriaResident

GalleriaResident New Member

I Remember the Old Eluxury site I LOVED IT. It had everything on it, You could even buy Magnums of Champagne Then, Plus the Vuitton Was Cheaper then a Keepall 50 was only $550 back then:( I remember Luxlook.com when the closed I got Dolce&Gabbana for $30!! Plus the packaging was impeccable Dolce&Gabbana Shopping bag, box,etc I wish another site like tha would launch.