Gabriela Hearst - Designer

Clare is Not coming back. That woman is Not stupid.
In Paris there’s some really unfortunate rumors.
Not that I was expecting better than GH.

Is it Jacquemus …. ?

If it’s really thé St Laurent girl she did a couple of very unconvincing lanvin collections right When alber was sacked… not promising at all

If it’s really thé St Laurent girl she did a couple of very unconvincing lanvin collections right When alber was sacked… not promising at all
Who? You mean Kamali? She was at Chloé before…

I think the only way to revive this brand is with a big name. It’s cliché, but I’d love to see Theyskens. I’m sure that will never happen though.

Really curious to know who they will hire.

I don't think I have a particular designer I want at Chloé, but I think that a designer from one of Hedi's teams (Saint Laurent or Celine) could do wonders, if they really they really embrace the youthful flou aspect of the house. I'm thinking of something like this, this or this for the house. Drop the menswear and lighten the colour palette and it could be really good for the house in terms of beautiful desirable clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who? You mean Kamali? She was at Chloé before…

I think the only way to revive this brand is with a big name. It’s cliché, but I’d love to see Theyskens. I’m sure that will never happen though.

Really curious to know who they will hire.
Yes, you’re right, she was a designer in the studio during the most unmemorable time from Clare’s Chloé to be precise.
I think it’s safe to say Saint Laurent is her most successful stint and that BOF article was quite on point imo
I completely agree though, they need someone directional, but richemont is not a group for bold moves…

I don't think I have a particular designer I want at Chloé, but I think that a designer from one of Hedi's teams (Saint Laurent or Celine) could do wonders, if they really they really embrace the youthful flou aspect of the house. I'm thinking of something like this, this or this for the house. Drop the menswear and lighten the colour palette and it could be really good for the house in terms of beautiful desirable clothes.
I see a lot of Natacha’s aesthetic in this pics you selected actually!

I see a lot of Natacha’s aesthetic in this pics you selected actually!
Her designs must be in my subconscious...:innocent:

Seriously though, Ramsay-Levi produced really good collections during her tenure.

In hindsight, seeing how neither Ramsay-Levi's or Hearst's very different approaches worked for Chloé, has me thinking that there's an issue with the merchandising, marketing and distribution rather than the clothes themselves...

Who would you want them to hire? I know he doesn’t want to go to a big house but JACQUEMUS would be so fabulous.

some Chloe (but make it good) -esque looks from Jacquemus
00020-Jacquemus-Spring-21.jpg

00001-Jacquemus-Spring-21.jpg

47-jacquemus-ss18-pfw.jpg

I'm definitely going to get a sh*tstorm for saying this (given the fact that the designer I am going to mention is not well-liked over here), but Cate Holstein is actually a perfect fit for Chloé. She's obviously been often inspired by this house.

I'm definitely going to get a sh*tstorm for saying this (given the fact that the designer I am going to mention is not well-liked over here), but Cate Holstein is actually a perfect fit for Chloé. She's obviously been often inspired by this house.
Ulla Johnson ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukesmith
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->