Gabriela Hearst - Designer

I'm definitely going to get a sh*tstorm for saying this (given the fact that the designer I am going to mention is not well-liked over here), but Cate Holstein is actually a perfect fit for Chloé. She's obviously been often inspired by this house.
Personally, I'd rather have her at a brand like Saint Laurent. Especially with her black-heavy, moody collections as of late.
Ulla Johnson ?
Much better fit.

Personally, I'd rather have her at a brand like Saint Laurent. Especially with her black-heavy, moody collections as of late.

Much better fit.
I must admit I don't know her work well , Khaite is a bit pedestrian, isn't it?

Much better fit.

"As of late" is a good clarification, because otherwise it would sound like absolute ignorance of their entire collections and overall aesthetics. Just because she designed a couple of leather coats lately, doesn't make her design style comparable to Vaccarello's. It's laughable, actually.

Khaite is one of those brands that the clientele of Phoebe Philo's Céline follows. This is one of the brands that have actually defined contemporary elegance, but hey, if that looks like pedestrian to some, it sounds more like a projection of their taste. This is a brand offering a very feminine and modern look with a certain style of sophistication that is obviously not for everyone.

Ironically, I've always found UJ extremely pedestrian. But hey, different strokes for different blokes.
Oh yes, UJ is pedestrian too, but in a different way, that kind of fits a Chloe, or maybe a revival of Rykiel...

Oh yes, UJ is pedestrian too, but in a different way, that kind of fits a Chloe, or maybe a revival of Rykiel...
You go ahead and continue calling elevated minimalism pedestrian. It's not a good look.

oh I touched a nerve.

Admitting you don't know a designer and immediately proceeding to comment negatively on them is not only a good sign of lack of education, but also a telltale sign said person can't possibly be older than 18. Let's just stop embarassing ourselves, shall we?

Admitting you don't know a designer and immediately proceeding to comment negatively on them is not only a good sign of lack of education, but also a telltale sign said person can't possibly be older than 18. Let's just stop embarassing ourselves, shall we?
I said I "did not know WELL", not that I did not know. But I'll agree we'll stop here, we have very diverging opinions, on Michael Kors, or Khaite or what you consider "elevated minimalism", and I don't consider them reconciliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukesmith
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->