Gabrielle Barr

subway 123

Reaction score
New face at Viva Paris /London

25psb9l.jpg

15p1j7b.jpg

2lw4qx3.jpg

viva paris

She looks like Hayden Christensen in that first picture.

I'm intrigued.

1883 magazine

Name: Gabrielle Barr
Agency: Viva Model Management
Height: 5’9”
Shoe: 8
Ethnic Origin: Canadian
Hometown: Montreal

She left her native Canada for Paris, by way of London, and a career in pharmaceuticals for modeling. 1883 met up with Gabrielle to learn more about life as a new up-and-coming model.
How long have you been modeling for? I just moved to Paris a week ago to model full time!

How did you get started? Tell us about your first job. My neighbour in Montreal scouted me. He is a photographer and put me in contact with Viva in Paris.

If you weren’t modeling, what would you be doing right now? I have a degree in biomedical engineering so I would be working in a pharmaceutical lab. That’s what I was doing before modeling!

Have you featured in any campaigns? If not, who would you like to front for and why? I haven’t featured in any campaign yet. As a new face, any campaign would be great but if I could choose, Givenchy or Balenciaga would be amazing.

Who are your favourite designers? Givenchy, Jil Sander, Prada and Balenciaga.

Runway or editorial? Both are fun, but runway is more exciting. There is an adrenaline rush knowing that there is only one take and no going back!

Describe the fashion industry in three words: Inspiring, competitive and beautiful.

Do you think style should be a reflection of your personality? Definitely! You can express how you feel/are with the way you dress and accessorise. I think it’s fabulous!

What do you think has been the most dramatic chapter in your life? Sadly (thankfully?!) my life hasn’t been really dramatic yet! I’ve led a pretty normal life until now.

Describe yourself in three words: Down to earth, friendly and sarcastic (but in a funny way!).

Words by Sofia Khan

Photography by Stephanie Sian Smith

1883magazine.com

''AMORE TERRIBILE''
Ph: Christoph Wohlfahrt

facebook /Christoph Wohlfart

i-D online
''Butterflies and Bugs''
Photography: Daniella Maiorano
Stylist: Lola Chatterton
Hair: Ranelle Chapman
Make-up: Daisy Whitney
Model: Gabrielle @ Viva
GIFS: Greta Larkins
(if you click in the photos you'll see Gabrielle)

i-donline.com

For atouteslesfilles presentation

Shooting with Eleonora Baumann

instagram/ atouteslesfilles

Cosas Moda
ph: Francesco Barion
st: Sophie Levy,Sergio Corvacho

atouteslesfilles

q&a

Name: Gabrielle Barr
Agency: Viva Model Management, also Viva London
Hometown: Montréal, Canada
Nickname: Gaby

What were you doing before modeling and do you miss it? I’m a microbiologist so I was working in a pharmaceutical laboratory! The fashion industry is SO different from the science world. It’s hard to compare both but I have to say that I don’t really miss it. Fashion is exciting and always changing, it keeps it interesting :smile:

What do you like about this job? I love meeting people and learning new things every day. I like to enjoy everything I’m experiencing for the first time as a newbie in the industry.

Where do you want to go on vacation? I really want to go to India to experience a new culture or to Australia to learn how to surf :smile: I tried once in Panama and loved it, so I guess Australia would be a fun destination to learn better!!

Photography by Nil Hoppenot

theones2watch.com

I love her face structure. I can't wait to see her debut at shows in Paris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->