0000280334-53104L.jpg

0000280320-74286L.jpg

fanpix.net

stella_cocochanel.jpg

gotstella.files.wordpress.com

5921347.jpg

famous-women-and-beauty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw Coco Avant Chanel. It was wonderful And Audrey Tautou was so good in it. :blush::heart:

I was wondering if anyone knows if they bent the facts a little or if it is completley accurate. Thank you!^_^

^ Well, it's hard to tell...So many of the books about her contradict one another about dates and events-and of course she made a point of lying to journalists all throughout her life! Records are nearly non-existent from her early days and the few who spoke of her when they were alive often told different things about her, so that we may never know the true story...:(

It’s official, if you want to meet a man then dowse yourself with Chanel No.5. We all know women love it, but it’s now been revealed that it’s the perfume most likely to attract a date and one in 10 women even met ‘the one’ when wearing it (according to a Superdrug survey of 3,000 women!) That’s some ‘pulling’ power for one bottle of perfume, but then Chanel No.5 isn’t just any perfume, it’s been the bestselling fragrance in the world since the late 1920s.

So what is it about No.5? We offer our five favourite facts about the world’s most famous perfume..

1. In 1954, when a journalist asked her what she wore to bed, Marilyn Monroe answered, 'Just a few drops of No.5,' and the fragrance became legendary.

2. Considered as a 20th-century icon, the bottle was added to the permanent collections of the New York Museum of Modern Art in 1959, and a few years later, it was immortalised in a series of nine silk-screens prints by painter Andy Warhol.

3. Mademoiselle Chanel instructed No.5’s creator, Ernest Beaux, a Russian perfumier, that she wanted 'a women’s fragrance that smells like women.' Coco chose the 5th formulation he offered her – and the No.5 label on the bottle remained.

4. According to Chanel sources, the mysterious, precious formula for the greatest success in perfumery is 'well-guarded in the silence of a safe' in a secret location.

5. This year, Audrey Tatou became the newest face of the world’s most famous perfume, taking over from Nicole Kidman. Previous No.5 muses have included Candice Bergen, Suzy Parker, Ali McGraw, Lauren Hutton, Jean Shrimpton, Cheryl Tiegs, Catherine Deneuve, Carole Bouquet, and Estella Warren.

We’re sure none of these women would ever need any help in finding a date, but if they ever did, it seems that No.5 is the one…

Graziadaily.com

It’s official, if you want to meet a man then dowse yourself with Chanel No.5. We all know women love it, but it’s now been revealed that it’s the perfume most likely to attract a date and one in 10 women even met ‘the one’ when wearing it (according to a Superdrug survey of 3,000 women!) That’s some ‘pulling’ power for one bottle of perfume, but then Chanel No.5 isn’t just any perfume, it’s been the bestselling fragrance in the world since the late 1920s.
That's funny but thinking on it I acutally have met quite a few men while wearing that! lol hmmm....

^ I'm rereading Alex Madsen's book about her- great book and she was endlessly interesting! B)

Re-reading?! Wow its prob a gd read then. I will def go buy it.
I love how real she was personalitywise. You know? None of the fake niceness etc.

^ Yes, I love that book- it is so well written and you can really see what she was like- maybe not the nicest person, but such a genius- she really started with nothing at all and changed the entire world of fashion- and then she came back in the 50s and did it again!

Haha i can relate to her 'not nice'-ness b/c i tend to get blunt most times :shock: :blush:
il def let you know what i think.

Amazon lists that book as out of print. How old is it? I would love to read a decent biography of her.

So it's AXEL Madsen and not ALEX Madsen. That helps. Thanks for the link!

Oh I kind of hated Karl's f/w 2010/2011 show :( and then I saw Coco here and her beautiful clothes :( It makes me cry .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"